Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
ausfishing

Re: Salmon on the go

Post by ausfishing » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:33 pm

yes at the rocks where the mouth is

Timi200

Post by Timi200 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:44 pm

There is salmon everywhere at the moment u should go have a look at altona peir on a nice evening, yesterday I saw the birs right near the peir, a mate of mine said the salmon only bust up in the evenings. So that's the time to go I'd say, does anyone know what time of the year they leave the bay?

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Timi200 wrote:There is salmon everywhere at the moment u should go have a look at altona peir on a nice evening, yesterday I saw the birs right near the peir, a mate of mine said the salmon only bust up in the evenings. So that's the time to go I'd say, does anyone know what time of the year they leave the bay?
salmon don't only bust up at night, i've seen them at 2pm and 9am busting up
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:03 am

I believes the Aussie must have some sort of union going on. I remember last year this time in Altona, they bust up on the clock in the afternoon on the WEEKDAY.... and never on Weekend.........

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Post by rogs » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:49 am

Salmon are just starting to fire up mostly everywhere now get ready for the season.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 am

Timi200 wrote:There is salmon everywhere at the moment u should go have a look at altona peir on a nice evening, yesterday I saw the birs right near the peir, a mate of mine said the salmon only bust up in the evenings. So that's the time to go I'd say, does anyone know what time of the year they leave the bay?
No. They bust up whenever the hell they feel like it. The water off Mt Martha regularly had big bust ups mid morning last year. I`ve been on charters when they came up in the middle of the day. He`s probably said that because that`s when he`s seen them bust up. A similar thing is when people comment that you only catch them from the shore morning and early evening, what complete balderdash, two of my best sessions last winter were on London Bridge beach, weekdays mid afternoon..
Salmon are unpredictable, when they`re there, they`re there..

Timi200

Post by Timi200 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 am

I reckon they feed more hard on dawn and dusk, but it all just might depend on the baitfish, theres heaps this year.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am

Nice Bay Trout , they make great fresh bait also .

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”