Bream that got away! docklands

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Fish-Hunter

Re: Bream that got away! docklands

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:13 am

8lbs main line & 15lbs leader , try this .

5ubzero

Post by 5ubzero » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:25 pm

MIKER wrote:8lbs main line & 15lbs leader , try this .
I rarely use leaders lol I just put a 10lb line on it. NO leaders:)

Jeffs_gone_fishing

Post by Jeffs_gone_fishing » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:15 pm

If they're hitting the bait hard, they could be pinkies.

5ubzero

Post by 5ubzero » Fri May 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Jeffs_gone_fishing wrote:If they're hitting the bait hard, they could be pinkies.
Could be. But i think there just 35+cm bream.

Trick is with the pylons at docklands, I let my line slightly lose at the bottom and when ever you get a hit, or line even moves slightly You better hit it hard and reel fast, because all you have is 1-2secounds and the fish goes for the pylons under the wharf.

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Heap of Pinkies at Docklands now. The Bream you will see before you loose em like i have been doing on last few outings, so darn annoying. Hoooking them, bringing them up and then either breaking off the line or treble coming loose. The Pinkies or Mulloway just thump the rod and take the end off light line with your lure.

5ubzero

Post by 5ubzero » Thu May 09, 2013 6:38 am

vxcalais wrote:Heap of Pinkies at Docklands now. The Bream you will see before you loose em like i have been doing on last few outings, so darn annoying. Hoooking them, bringing them up and then either breaking off the line or treble coming loose. The Pinkies or Mulloway just thump the rod and take the end off light line with your lure.
Where about in docklands r u fishing? The location i go to is allways bream? What bait

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 am

^^
For Pinkies use some Bluebait .

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Thu May 09, 2013 9:39 am

5ubzero wrote:
vxcalais wrote:Heap of Pinkies at Docklands now. The Bream you will see before you loose em like i have been doing on last few outings, so darn annoying. Hoooking them, bringing them up and then either breaking off the line or treble coming loose. The Pinkies or Mulloway just thump the rod and take the end off light line with your lure.
Where about in docklands r u fishing? The location i go to is allways bream? What bait
It probably has slowed down pinky wise, I haven't seen the old timers for the last week or so outside the stadium, but they were there 2 weeks ago bagging out on pinkies. They were using chicken and pilchards....

big gummy

Post by big gummy » Thu May 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Worst feeling had it happen to me

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 am

5ubzero wrote:
End of North Wharfe and near the MFB Boat. Those spots were getting better bags there than the end at Vodafone Arena.

Yeah it dies down, but then their on again ! ;) Obviously moving in out and around, like how the Maribyrnong fished etc. I'd give it a month before i thought they weren't around any more hehe. But i primarily target the bream. They've been a real pain lately as the topic mentions.t

My hooked Mulloway was on 7-11 baby squid. LIke mentioned, Bluebait/Pilchard and Chicken for Pinks. The chicken stands up better. They bite just before Sunrise around there, and once sun is up switch off. So these days go at around 4.30 in the morning and good luck. <<--Pinkies.

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”