Non essential fish today.

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Re: Non essential fish today.

Post by Seniorfisho » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:28 pm

Hmmm, never smoked a Briskit, how big were the papers?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:34 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:01 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:57 am
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 am

Please stop posting things that aren't 100% verified. It's this kind of stuff that spreads misinformation.

Cheers, Anth
Just to make it 100% credible credible enough mate.
why dont you call the number and see what they have to say for yourself.
i just did, and it goes to yarram police station, just like it says on the letterhead.
and YES they said you could be fined for breaching the rules.
The guy i spoke to said they have received many calls about this document at the station already!
You don't know the exact circumstances to why the person was fined, if they even were fined. Did the officer you spoke to tell you this particular fine is 100% legitimate? I don't think so. They have stated people boating and not following rules of social distancing will get fines. Even if you're in public having a picnic with a few people you MIGHT get a fine. Maybe that person had already been warned and then did it again with a bunch of people on their boat? You don't know the exact circumstances so i'd say best off not posting stuff you come across on social media as this isn't a credible news source.

What has been said is recreational boating isn't allowed, which is clear as day. A solo trip down the river for a walk or on your yak in a local waterway is still following rules so... do with that what you will.

My problem is people posting crap they find on social media and spreading fear.
all im saying is i verfiied the document i posted by ringing the number which happened to be yarram police station.
the officer who answered told me that yes a fine MAY be issued, so you could get away with a warning perhaps, he also said he was aware of the document circulating on facebook and assured me it was the real deal. thats why i left it on here still, would have taken it down otherwise.
fishing is also now off the cards, making this letter even more legit.

best bet now for everyone here is to wait for an official announcement from fisheries victoria, or vicpol.
until then STFAH. its easier to avoid the fines if any than have to fight it at a later date in court.
Once again spreading misinformation. No where does it say you're not allowed to fish.

And what does "STFAH" mean? You just wrote a whole paragraph.. I'm sure it wouldn't have taken that much more time and effort to just type what that means.
Lolll I think at this stage, minding your own business is the best for you. I've made it clear why the post is up and I'm not going to repeat myself again and again so your dumb a$$ gets it.
Clearly says recreational boating and fishing is not an essential activity or travel in the document. :rf:

#STFAH

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUhfWMJD2fw

watch from 4.20 - doesn't help us much I guess
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:19 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:28 pm
Hmmm, never smoked a Briskit, how big were the papers?
Off ya tree sells the big ones behind the counter ;)

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:22 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:34 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:01 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:57 am

Just to make it 100% credible credible enough mate.
why dont you call the number and see what they have to say for yourself.
i just did, and it goes to yarram police station, just like it says on the letterhead.
and YES they said you could be fined for breaching the rules.
The guy i spoke to said they have received many calls about this document at the station already!
You don't know the exact circumstances to why the person was fined, if they even were fined. Did the officer you spoke to tell you this particular fine is 100% legitimate? I don't think so. They have stated people boating and not following rules of social distancing will get fines. Even if you're in public having a picnic with a few people you MIGHT get a fine. Maybe that person had already been warned and then did it again with a bunch of people on their boat? You don't know the exact circumstances so i'd say best off not posting stuff you come across on social media as this isn't a credible news source.

What has been said is recreational boating isn't allowed, which is clear as day. A solo trip down the river for a walk or on your yak in a local waterway is still following rules so... do with that what you will.

My problem is people posting crap they find on social media and spreading fear.
all im saying is i verfiied the document i posted by ringing the number which happened to be yarram police station.
the officer who answered told me that yes a fine MAY be issued, so you could get away with a warning perhaps, he also said he was aware of the document circulating on facebook and assured me it was the real deal. thats why i left it on here still, would have taken it down otherwise.
fishing is also now off the cards, making this letter even more legit.

best bet now for everyone here is to wait for an official announcement from fisheries victoria, or vicpol.
until then STFAH. its easier to avoid the fines if any than have to fight it at a later date in court.
Once again spreading misinformation. No where does it say you're not allowed to fish.

And what does "STFAH" mean? You just wrote a whole paragraph.. I'm sure it wouldn't have taken that much more time and effort to just type what that means.
Lolll I think at this stage, minding your own business is the best for you. I've made it clear why the post is up and I'm not going to repeat myself again and again so your dumb a$$ gets it.
Clearly says recreational boating and fishing is not an essential activity or travel in the document. :rf:

#STFAH
How are you 30 with kids.. Blows my mind.

Recreational boating and fishing as in together.. Dumb a$$. To keep people off the water.

Stop being a hypochondriac and get off the internet.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:37 pm

O really so now it can't be in the same sentence :rf: :rf: :rf:
I'll ask the officer in charge to specially edit it for you so they are seperate entities. :bn:

I dunno what's worse, stuck at home with the kids or dealing with Muppets like you..

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:38 pm

What ever happened to the face palm emoji, :( cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Play nice kids. :ch:
FB_IMG_1585730309403.jpg
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm

How long before this happens
Attachments
GlossyAdoredJapanesebeetle-small.gif
GlossyAdoredJapanesebeetle-small.gif (207.25 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:49 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm
How long before this happens
Finger is hovering over the button.
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”