Non essential fish today.

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Non essential fish today.

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 am

skronkman wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:47 am
I also just got off the phone to Melbourne water police. I was told they are issuing fines to people on the water whether they abiding by social distancing laws or not. They also told me that fishing is not an approved activity to leave the house for and they will be issuing move on orders or fines for this also. I referred them to Tim Quilty’s page and asked them to follow up for clarity.

Illegal or not, I’m guessing that for practical purposes it isn’t worth the cost of the fine or the hassle of being forced off the water and potentially defending yourself in court at some future date. I’m no martyr. If it turns out that this isn’t actually illegal or was never legally enforceable (at some later date) then we will know what type of government regime we truly live under and it will not be one of just law but also one of coercion when convenient. Terrifying thought.
Exactly my point as well.
imagine the amount of headaches, time off work, travelling to court and costs involved
**** that for a change, just stay at home guys, and go fishing when all this has died down, why is that so hard to comprehend.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:26 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 am
skronkman wrote:
I also just got off the phone to Melbourne water police. I was told they are issuing fines to people on the water whether they abiding by social distancing laws or not. They also told me that fishing is not an approved activity to leave the house for and they will be issuing move on orders or fines for this also. I referred them to Tim Quilty’s page and asked them to follow up for clarity.

Illegal or not, I’m guessing that for practical purposes it isn’t worth the cost of the fine or the hassle of being forced off the water and potentially defending yourself in court at some future date. I’m no martyr. If it turns out that this isn’t actually illegal or was never legally enforceable (at some later date) then we will know what type of government regime we truly live under and it will not be one of just law but also one of coercion when convenient. Terrifying thought.
imagine the amount of headaches, time off work, travelling to court and costs involved
**** that for a change, just stay at home guys, and go fishing when all this has died down, why is that so hard to comprehend.
I’m pretty sure everyone comprehends. The bigger picture I have been trying to impress is It’s not just fishing and boating at stake here, how this is managed by our many levels of government (and journalists/media) has huge ramifications for the state of law and management of policing in Australia into the future. I get that many here aren’t thinking this far outside the box (we mostly aggregate here to discuss fishing after all).

I doubt that anyone is actually going to be heading out for a fish due to the current practical risks and considerations that have been highlighted by yourself, me and others. Hopefully our efforts have saved a few fellow members from being fined or incarcerated (or worse). And hopefully my paranoia and skepticism doesn’t prove to be a crystal ball into the future of Australia’s rule over its citizenry.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 am

cheaterparts wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:55 am
frozenpod wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am
Problem is food and water essential. I will have to go out to get protein and I would much rather do that by harvesting my own with zero interaction with anyone outside of my household compared with going to the supermarket. This is the safest way for my family and other members of the community.
Just a note last week we did 3 trips to the shops for meat normally it is 1 but many shops now have been putting a limit on how much you can buy
That’s 3 trips to the shops ok everyone is trying to distant but is is harder to distant from other people when you have to head to the same place

Now I normally fish now smaller of the 2 Melbourne bays Westernport is 470 sq Km it is a lot easier to distance from others there

It is also easier to get meat there ( fish ) than the shops atm
Well yes that just makes the situation worse and increases your exposed and likely hood of catching the virus.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:35 am

skronkman wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:26 am
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:12 am
skronkman wrote:

I’m pretty sure everyone comprehends. The bigger picture I have been trying to impress is It’s not just fishing and boating at stake here, how this is managed by our many levels of government (and journalists/media) has huge ramifications for the state of law and management of policing in Australia into the future. I get that many here aren’t thinking this far outside the box (we mostly aggregate here to discuss fishing after all).

I doubt that anyone is actually going to be heading out for a fish due to the current practical risks and considerations that have been highlighted by yourself, me and others. Hopefully our efforts have saved a few fellow members from being fined or incarcerated (or worse). And hopefully my paranoia and skepticism doesn’t prove to be a crystal ball into the future of Australia’s rule over its citizenry.

yes i agree mate,
life will be a very different cup of tea once we start to recover, lots of eyes have been pried open, lots of companies shutdown, jobs lost, people on welfare have swelled massively, stock markets have been R@p3d.. we just need to ride it out.
if it will make you feel any better mate, look at the countries in full lockdown, be glad your not in their shoes, you have the option here to go for a walk atleast.
lets hope for the best outcome for our citizens!

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:50 am

frozenpod wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 am
cheaterparts wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:55 am
frozenpod wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:45 am
Problem is food and water essential. I will have to go out to get protein and I would much rather do that by harvesting my own with zero interaction with anyone outside of my household compared with going to the supermarket. This is the safest way for my family and other members of the community.
Just a note last week we did 3 trips to the shops for meat normally it is 1 but many shops now have been putting a limit on how much you can buy
That’s 3 trips to the shops ok everyone is trying to distant but is is harder to distant from other people when you have to head to the same place

Now I normally fish now smaller of the 2 Melbourne bays Westernport is 470 sq Km it is a lot easier to distance from others there

It is also easier to get meat there ( fish ) than the shops atm
Well yes that just makes the situation worse and increases your exposed and likely hood of catching the virus.
Look, lets be honest here guys.

if your fishing a non prodcutive spot for donuts, then the best course of action is to find a different spot to fish yeah?

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:57 am
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:50 am
purple5ive wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm
Screenshot_20200331-214017_Facebook.jpg

Don't know how true or credible this is !!
Please stop posting things that aren't 100% verified. It's this kind of stuff that spreads misinformation.

Cheers, Anth
Just to make it 100% credible credible enough mate.
why dont you call the number and see what they have to say for yourself.
i just did, and it goes to yarram police station, just like it says on the letterhead.
and YES they said you could be fined for breaching the rules.
The guy i spoke to said they have received many calls about this document at the station already!
You don't know the exact circumstances to why the person was fined, if they even were fined. Did the officer you spoke to tell you this particular fine is 100% legitimate? I don't think so. They have stated people boating and not following rules of social distancing will get fines. Even if you're in public having a picnic with a few people you MIGHT get a fine. Maybe that person had already been warned and then did it again with a bunch of people on their boat? You don't know the exact circumstances so i'd say best off not posting stuff you come across on social media as this isn't a credible news source.

What has been said is recreational boating isn't allowed, which is clear as day. A solo trip down the river for a walk or on your yak in a local waterway is still following rules so... do with that what you will.

My problem is people posting crap they find on social media and spreading fear.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Please stop posting things that aren't 100% verified. It's this kind of stuff that spreads misinformation.

Cheers, Anth
i just did, and it goes to yarram police station, just like it says on the letterhead.
The guy i spoke to said they have received many calls about this document at the station already!
You don't know the exact circumstances to why the person was fined, if they even were fined. Did the officer you spoke to tell you this particular fine is 100% legitimate? I don't think so. They have stated people boating and not following rules of social distancing will get fines. Even if you're in public having a picnic with a few people you MIGHT get a fine. Maybe that person had already been warned and then did it again with a bunch of people on their boat? You don't know the exact circumstances so i'd say best off not posting stuff you come across on social media as this isn't a credible news source.

What has been said is recreational boating isn't allowed, which is clear as day. A solo trip down the river for a walk or on your yak in a local waterway is still following rules so... do with that what you will.

all im saying is i verfiied the document i posted by ringing the number which happened to be yarram police station.
the officer who answered told me that yes a fine MAY be issued, so you could get away with a warning perhaps, he also said he was aware of the document circulating on facebook and assured me it was the real deal. thats why i left it on here still, would have taken it down otherwise.
fishing is also now off the cards, making this letter even more legit.

best bet now for everyone here is to wait for an official announcement from fisheries victoria, or vicpol.
until then STFAH. its easier to avoid the fines if any than have to fight it at a later date in court.

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:32 pm

If anyone is having a hard time finding/getting meat, or having to go to multiple shops to get enough of the meat they need, a bit of a longer drive to a local meat wholesalers may be worth a go. I went to one near my work in Laverton when the panic buying was going on and they had lots of all meats except for chicken, they also had pasta’s, freezer foods, canned goods and I didn’t see any limit signage.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:01 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

Cheers, Anth

all im saying is i verfiied the document i posted by ringing the number which happened to be yarram police station.
the officer who answered told me that yes a fine MAY be issued, so you could get away with a warning perhaps, he also said he was aware of the document circulating on facebook and assured me it was the real deal. thats why i left it on here still, would have taken it down otherwise.
fishing is also now off the cards, making this letter even more legit.

best bet now for everyone here is to wait for an official announcement from fisheries victoria, or vicpol.
until then STFAH. its easier to avoid the fines if any than have to fight it at a later date in court.
Once again spreading misinformation. No where does it say you're not allowed to fish.

And what does "STFAH" mean? You just wrote a whole paragraph.. I'm sure it wouldn't have taken that much more time and effort to just type what that means.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:32 pm
If anyone is having a hard time finding/getting meat, or having to go to multiple shops to get enough of the meat they need, a bit of a longer drive to a local meat wholesalers may be worth a go. I went to one near my work in Laverton when the panic buying was going on and they had lots of all meats except for chicken, they also had pasta’s, freezer foods, canned goods and I didn’t see any limit signage.
I've also been doing this Tim. Plenty of fresh meat and frozen meat packs available. My brother smoked a beautiful brisket over the weekend.

Cheers, Anth

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”