kororoit creek

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Matthew drako
Has liked: 28 times

kororoit creek

Post by Matthew drako » Sun May 31, 2020 2:54 pm

Hey all
after hearing many rumours of this creek(saltwater part), i really want to give it a go as i'm pretty local to it. (only a 10-15 mins drive).
Been fishing sanctuary lakes a bit and getting onto a few nice size bream but on the whole it was relatively slow.
I did a bit of research and found an old post on this page which a lot of the info was deleted but still backed up some of the rumours I heard. From what i heard, you can get your usual estuarine species like bream and mullet so i'm pretty keen to give it a crack
Problem is I drove to the creek just to have a walk around and look for some potential spots with deep holes but could only stumble across rocky shallow spots. the deeper spots behind vancouver bait supply and along the road there seem to be all private property. does anyone know any access points? i'm assuming somewhere near JT gray reserve.

Cheers, Matt

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Re: kororoit creek

Post by Troy McLure » Sun May 31, 2020 3:29 pm

I’ve been scouting the same area recently because I’m working out that way for a while. You can pull off Altona Rd and get up near the train bridge or at the bottom Gray reserve looks alright. The local Council or the State Government are obviously trying to regenerate the area which is great but I certainly wouldn’t eat anything I caught around there.

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:44 pm

Try gaining access from Techno Park Drive or from the bike trail. I'm with Troy on this one, I wouldn't be eating anything from the river..

Matthew drako
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Matthew drako » Sun May 31, 2020 5:54 pm

thanks yeah didn't plan on eating anything out of here just a bit of fun or mullet for bait

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun May 31, 2020 6:45 pm

You can drive behind the east? Brunswick fishing club
Never seen anybody there & has a small jetty. Don't reckon they'd mind anyway
Let us know how you go
Gra

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Matthew drako wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 5:54 pm
thanks yeah didn't plan on eating anything out of here just a bit of fun or mullet for bait
Last week during a morning walk along Altona pier I spotted a very large school of mullet congregating near the end there. Some very good size fish but they were just sitting there not doing much, no one was fishing at the time prob too cold for the average Joe. You could give it a crack if your after mullet for bait.

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Matthew drako wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:54 pm
seem to be all private property. does anyone know any access points? i'm assuming somewhere near JT gray reserve.

Cheers, Matt
Hi Matt,
As the old saying goes, it easier to beg for forgiveness than ask fo permission.
Get in behind the sheds etc near the reserve and have a fish. Check if anyone else is fishing and ask them what is biting and what bait they are using etc, and ask if permission is needed. It’s unlikely they will own a shed and will let you know this if you are friendly.

Cheers.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”