st kilda pier starting to fire up

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
vinhii

Re: st kilda pier starting to fire up

Post by vinhii » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:23 pm

Went today, pier is closed , and wind picked up , no good
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:16 am

vinhii wrote:Went today, pier is closed , and wind picked up , no good
Softie. :-)

Raulfc and i braved the weather and got a feed.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:19 am

Had a bit of a fish from 4.30 to 9.30 on Friday evening picked up about 20 pinkies all from 15-20cm. All caught on pillies fun catch on light gear. Lost something decent from a **** knot (tied in the dark) everyone around was just catching small pinkies as well biggest i saw was probably around 30. Tried plastics for a while didnt even get a knock, talking to a local he was telling me its pretty much bait or nothing there.

On a disappointing note witnessed a few people taking undersized fish (not even close the limit) god knows what they even do with them. Called fisheries twice they didnt show.

To end with a positive the next couple of snapper seasons should be decent going by the amount of pinkies getting around the bay atm.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:17 pm

tommyfishunter wrote: To end with a positive the next couple of snapper seasons should be decent going by the amount of pinkies getting around the bay atm.
Don't bet on it. We said the same thing every year and look at the dismal numbers 2014-2015 season. These people who kill and eat the small fish need to learn the lesson but fisheries is useless when you call them
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:02 am

Fish-cador wrote:
tommyfishunter wrote: To end with a positive the next couple of snapper seasons should be decent going by the amount of pinkies getting around the bay atm.
Don't bet on it. We said the same thing every year and look at the dismal numbers 2014-2015 season. These people who kill and eat the small fish need to learn the lesson but fisheries is useless when you call them
The only time I've ever seen them was when they paid me a visit at the end of an isolated farm rd near Werribee South/Campbells Cove and I think they came because some guy wanted to fish there himself (he was waiting in the car park when I was done and headed out to fish as soon as he saw I was leaving lol).

Never once seen them on a jetty tearing shreds off the old bastards and their buckets of tiny fish, they obviously need some more commercially orientated people in charge down at Fisheries because patrolling the jetties would just about be a licence to print money what with all the fines they'd hand out.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 am

Exactly right mate, they could do a round of piers around the bay every night and make a fortune out of it. Is it a lack of resources issue you reckon?

sasquatch972
Has liked: 22 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:18 am

I saw them once at mordialloc pier a few years back...

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:15 pm

I've been checked 3 times in the last 2 yrs by fisheries, once at brighton pier, once at Rhyll and once at Venus Bay.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:14 pm

tommyfishunter wrote:Exactly right mate, they could do a round of piers around the bay every night and make a fortune out of it. Is it a lack of resources issue you reckon?
Not sure but you'd think if that was the case they'd focus whatever limited resources they have on the jetties more because a) that would be where most of the offences are occurring and b) as a result that is what would make them the most money.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

bilby

Post by bilby » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:54 pm

My brother and me were checked up in Ascot Vale on the Maribyrnong earlier this year - apparently because it was a windy day down on the coast.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”