Stkilda pier report

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Sammy123
Has liked: 40 times

Stkilda pier report

Post by Sammy123 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am

Starting to get some consistent results at Stkilda pier, here's the results from a short soft plastics session around 6:00 this morning
DSC_8103 (1).jpg
Snapper was 52cm, pike was 74cm and flathead was 41cm, all were caught on a 4 inch Zman minnow.

Using bigger plastics seems to be a good strategy for getting past the micro pinkies and onto some good fish :tu:

I've been finding morning sessions to be by far the most productive, always seem to get something good :) managed a few flatties at sunset over the past few days but not much else around that time. Plenty of small pinkies getting around, though there are definitely some solid snapper among them if you're patient. Starting to see less salmon now but schools still come through occasionally. Was also having good success with big bream on cranka crabs under the pier until rain made the water murky.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Stkilda pier report

Post by Lightningx » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:50 am

That’s a great lb session mate!
Gotta be happy with that. Nice work!
Cheers :tu:

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:28 am

Sammy123 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am
Starting to get some consistent results at Stkilda pier, here's the results from a short soft plastics session around 6:00 this morning

DSC_8103 (1).jpg

Snapper was 52cm, pike was 74cm and flathead was 41cm, all were caught on a 4 inch Zman minnow.

Using bigger plastics seems to be a good strategy for getting past the micro pinkies and onto some good fish :tu:

I've been finding morning sessions to be by far the most productive, always seem to get something good :) managed a few flatties at sunset over the past few days but not much else around that time. Plenty of small pinkies getting around, though there are definitely some solid snapper among them if you're patient. Starting to see less salmon now but schools still come through occasionally. Was also having good success with big bream on cranka crabs under the pier until rain made the water murky.
Dayumn, looks like a nice morning.
I need to get myself a red cure. Someone please take me to get a red or two. This weather makes it hard to go out.
What colour of the zman minnow you used?
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Sammy123

Post by Sammy123 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:28 am
Sammy123 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:42 am

DSC_8103 (1).jpg

Dayumn, looks like a nice morning.
I need to get myself a red cure. Someone please take me to get a red or two. This weather makes it hard to go out.
What colour of the zman minnow you used?
Bad shad

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:33 pm

Sammy, a great report and a good haul of fish. Well done :tu:

But an even bigger "Well done" for the sharing of information about how St Kilda has been fishing of late.

Cheers, Bugs

ronan
Has liked: 91 times

Post by ronan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:35 pm

bay seems to be firing up now, good stuff mate

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Gotta be happy with that little session well done mate :tu:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Great report Sammy brighton pier at the moment suck,s swimmer,s early in the morning dont help what jig head are you using

Sammy123

Post by Sammy123 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:40 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:39 pm
Great report Sammy brighton pier at the moment suck,s swimmer,s early in the morning dont help what jig head are you using
1/4 oz tt headlockz 4/0, I like them for bigger plastics, though 3inch and under I usually use 1/8 oz 1/0 jig heads

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Damm mate
Well done

What are the pike like to eat?

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”