Port melb pinkies on a yak

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Bugatti

Re: Port melb pinkies on a yak

Post by Bugatti » Sun May 17, 2020 11:05 am

Great report on a great Yakkity Pinkie Session Seb :gj:

I've noticed and the phrase "Kissed by an Angel" might be fitting with your Fishing Adventures. I have noticed you always do well (well that is a stand alone comment just there) but I have noticed you do exceptionally well, if you have dropped off Mrs Seb, or picking up Mrs Seb , , , , you must have married an Angel :tu:

But we all live our fishing vicariously through your great reports , , , , the dancing Pinkies, the tactics, the swinging Yak and just all of your nicely versed way you describe what is happening. Those Pinkies at that size do "dance" about :-D AND love the Blue spots & trim they start showing at that size

Pinkie Blue Spots.JPG

Not to mention, a great eating size too

Love ya work Seb :tu:

Cheers, Bugs

ps. Really appreciate the time you take out of fishing to take the photos :tu:

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sun May 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:29 am
happyfriggincamper wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:17 am
Damn mate - great day and report!
Get a kayak! Now! And we go kayak fishing :-D
Tim399 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:37 am
Great result and write up seb, already planning on heading to the same location for the first time with a few mates this afternoon.
Good luck!
Just drove past it, few kayaks and boats.
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:06 am
Well done Seb, I think you could have provided a bit more info, lol
:rf:
If all goes to plan, hopefully soon!

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun May 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:50 am

I am expecting there to be a few yaks out given the ripper day it is. We are going for more of a social catch up, our little group usually goes either fly or kayak fishing every few weeks, will be a bonus if we get to land some fish :tu:
Did you go? How did you go?
purple5ive wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:39 am
Nice work. Glad your enjoying the new rod.
Those pylons are getting hammered, must be holding some good fish atm.
Being couple degrees warmer, the fish is holding and feeding at the top of ppb, kinda makes sense.
When it cools down, they'll shut or swim away.
Heaps of small pinkies in the open water.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 5:37 pm
Tim399 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:50 am

I am expecting there to be a few yaks out given the ripper day it is. We are going for more of a social catch up, our little group usually goes either fly or kayak fishing every few weeks, will be a bonus if we get to land some fish :tu:
Did you go? How did you go?
purple5ive wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 10:39 am
Nice work. Glad your enjoying the new rod.
Those pylons are getting hammered, must be holding some good fish atm.
Being couple degrees warmer, the fish is holding and feeding at the top of ppb, kinda makes sense.
down, they'll shut or swim away.
Heaps of small pinkies in the open water.
Yeah went good, we all landed a handful of fish each, most around the 28cm mark, biggest went about 60cm (not mine).
It’s an interesting place to fish, it would be hard work on a day with a fair southerly in it that’s for sure.
Over the few hours we were there I saw two boats tie up inside the pylons, very squeezy!
Now I’ve got the salt trip out of my system a freshwater session searching for trout on the fly, off the kayak will probably be next.

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Sun May 17, 2020 7:27 pm

Tim399 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Yeah went good, we all landed a handful of fish each, most around the 28cm mark, biggest went about 60cm (not mine).
It’s an interesting place to fish, it would be hard work on a day with a fair southerly in it that’s for sure.
Over the few hours we were there I saw two boats tie up inside the pylons, very squeezy!
Now I’ve got the salt trip out of my system a freshwater session searching for trout on the fly, off the kayak will probably be next.
Nice, well done.
That spot is good for kayak. Tricky place for sure.

I went for a quick trout fishing on fly today, thought I'd get one or two before the season is closed.
I think I got there a bit late, saw fresh footprints. The spot was fished before I got there.
Spooked a few, some follow, none hooked. I bet a lot of people fished the popular rivers in the last few days.
Good luck if you go.

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Sun May 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:27 pm
Tim399 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Nice, well done.
That spot is good for kayak. Tricky place for sure.

I went for a quick trout fishing on fly today, thought I'd get one or two before the season is closed.
I think I got there a bit late, saw fresh footprints. The spot was fished before I got there.
Spooked a few, some follow, none hooked. I bet a lot of people fished the popular rivers in the last few days.
Good luck if you go.
Nothing worse than seeing fresh footprints along the river! At least you got out for a bit. I’ll probably hit lake wendouree when I’m in search of trout, I’ll let you know when I’m planning to do so.

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Sun May 17, 2020 8:43 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:05 am
Great report on a great Yakkity Pinkie Session Seb :gj:

But we all live our fishing vicariously through your great reports , , , , the dancing Pinkies, the tactics, the swinging Yak and just all of your nicely versed way you describe what is happening. Those Pinkies at that size do "dance" about :-D AND love the Blue spots & trim they start showing at that size

Love ya work Seb :tu:

Cheers, Bugs
Thanks Mr Bug.

Some of my friends said to me few times, "you keep catching fish after fish, making it look so easy".
Most of time I'd answer, that's because I don't usually tell/post the boring long hours donut trip.

Most my friends only see Seb caught 2-3 fish, let's go fishing with Seb. But they're not prepared the long hours of effort.
When I say, oh I get couple fish to take home in 5-7 hours of fishing in average, usually they turn away (non fishos) lol.

For most fishos, it isn't always about the fish to take home, but also the joy of it.
It's not always about the end result, often it's about the journey to get there.

MasterBaiter24
Has liked: 36 times

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Nice catch mate, what do you think of the slim swim bad shad?

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm

MasterBaiter24 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 pm
It's good!
Mimicking the baitfish, almost identical. On the bottom, it looks like sorta worm or snail. Pinkie loves it, salmon hits it, even snotty trevally that usually caught on bait.

Pinkies hit midnight oil too, and grub,. Actually pinkies hit anything. Lol.

MasterBaiter24
Has liked: 36 times

Post by MasterBaiter24 » Mon May 18, 2020 10:04 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm
MasterBaiter24 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 5:05 pm
It's good!
Mimicking the baitfish, almost identical. On the bottom, it looks like sorta worm or snail. Pinkie loves it, salmon hits it, even snotty trevally that usually caught on bait.

Pinkies hit midnight oil too, and grub,. Actually pinkies hit anything. Lol.
they really will, they hit cranka crabs and vibes as well - especially the tiny 20 ish cm ones

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”