Hastings report today! 8/2/15

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Hastings report today! 8/2/15

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:01 pm

With high expectations of a sunny warm morning in melbourne I was keen to get my gear n meet up again this weekend at 5 n head to Hastings! I got given some thermal fishing shirts for my birthday n looked at them in the warmth of my own home thinking na im fine! Launched at 6:30 n headed to our first spot around lysaght. To no avail 1 puffer! Headed to the second spot closer to the tooradon channel I tested out my new gear on an eagle ray for 10 minutes or so before he spat the hook!! Next up was a banjo about 45cm and a yacka 35 approx so we dicided to go to a 4m point n jig for squids! (Good idea) we landed 4 and were very happy cause the tackle shop didn't have squid this morning! After some re rigging and fresh bait we got a pinkie (went back) and a kgw 35cm and a rock flathead! We went to another mark as the bites died off n puffer fish were rather abundant. The last spot was in 18m hard to anchor we kept drifting for a while after 3 attempts of re anchoring we were still and got nothing till we packed it in n went home, was quite choppy this morning but after I was chilled to the bone the sun was out n thawing me out!

Good day little results but glad I tested the new rod out n caught my first rock flathead! Next weekend I'll be taking two heavy rods n maybe a light one fresh bait!
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Hastings report today! 8/2/15

Post by Scraglor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:06 pm

Great report mate! I'm still sussing out Hastings myself. Have had some absolute ripper sessions, but also some very poor ones. I love the variety out there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:14 pm

Same I hit all marked spots today spots I've got massive kgw and in a good amount too! But today wasn't a great day for whiting so definately locking in corinella next weekend n try for sharks that eagle ray got me keen my 10-15kg ugly stick was buckled my new braid was at the 'ping' points my new baitrunner really heavily set n still his creepin out line haha good feeling n great purchases!

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:02 pm

Good report
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Nice report I love eagle rays when its quite you certainly know your gears up to it when they run. I have never really done that well on the hasting side I prefer the corinella side

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Nude up wrote:Nice report I love eagle rays when its quite you certainly know your gears up to it when they run. I have never really done that well on the hasting side I prefer the corinella side
We are getting over Hastings being to touch and go but it's good or whiting I guess its good for most targets when it's good haha but yea keen to head to corinella next Sunday n target some sharks

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”