Flinders Pier - sunday night 5 April

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Flinders Pier - sunday night 5 April

Post by Aaron75 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm thinking about fishing Flinders pier on Sunday night. Will squid be feeding so close to a full moon, and is there any chance of getting some KGW at night? I'm planning on staying late, soaking some baits and throwing squid jigs around until the high tide about 1am.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Re: Flinders Pier - sunday night 5 April

Post by gregmaka » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:12 pm

I have never liked fishing a full moon,but on the other hand i have caught squid on a full moon. Flinders is tops for large squid.I would be interesting if they were on the bite at the moment.Good luck.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:26 am

Honestly I hate fishing for squid on the full moon. Saying that, I was out on a mates boat today and we got quite a few after dark but the moon was shaded for part of the night(almost like an eclipse). In my experience, sunrise seems to be one of the better time periods to fish for squid around/on the full moon. Best of luck, if you head out!!!
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:52 am

Thanks for the replies .... to be honest I'd be happy to catch anything, my recent string of donuts has caused my family to start openly mocking my abilities as hunter/gatherer.... at this stage I'd be happy to bring home a feed of leatherjacket or grass whiting, I'm guessing I can get them in abundance off the pier at Flinders?

cheers

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:38 am

shazdoggg wrote:Honestly I hate fishing for squid on the full moon. Saying that, I was out on a mates boat today and we got quite a few after dark but the moon was shaded for part of the night(almost like an eclipse). In my experience, sunrise seems to be one of the better time periods to fish for squid around/on the full moon. Best of luck, if you head out!!!
That's because there was a lunar eclipse at 10.50 last night.

I've never smashed squid around the full moon. Get a few, but not the bag/almost bag in half an hour sessions I've had other times.

Flathead37

Post by Flathead37 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 pm

How did you go on the full moon?

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”