Balnarring beach gummy go

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
FishHunter81

Balnarring beach gummy go

Post by FishHunter81 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi guys. Just after some info regarding the balnarring beach area. I have not fished here before and want to target some whiting late arvo and then gummies into the night. Ive seen on google earth lots of weedy areas and sand patches and I've also seen some Info online talking about entering the beach near the yact club and an area "left of the old pier" is a good place to start. Just wanting to know if anyone knows where the old pier was and any other info for this area.
Cheers

Whiskers
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Balnarring beach gummy go

Post by Whiskers » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:01 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:15 pm
Hi guys. Just after some info regarding the balnarring beach area. I have not fished here before and want to target some whiting late arvo and then gummies into the night. Ive seen on google earth lots of weedy areas and sand patches and I've also seen some Info online talking about entering the beach near the yact club and an area "left of the old pier" is a good place to start. Just wanting to know if anyone knows where the old pier was and any other info for this area.
Cheers
Park in front of the yacht club.

To the right of the yacht club is a chain link fence. Walk down the track at the side of that fence until you come to the beach. Immediately to your left you will see a few old wooden posts sticking up through the sand. That is all that is left of what was a small landing jetty. (it was never a pier, just a small jetty), but for some reason people like to call it a pier.

To the left of the jetty remains is where the yacht club tractor launch the members boats. From the left of that for 500 metres or so is the area favoured for gummy fishing. (Plenty of other stuff too.)
:water:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:16 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:15 pm
Cheers
Gday Fish.Chuntter try to fish a few days after a blow to reduce the amount of pesky weed.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:11 am

Talk to Justin Blythe on Facebook he also does guided trips to that area

FishHunter81

Post by FishHunter81 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi guys.went to balnarring beach today and weed was everywhere. Pissed off from their real quick and decided to hit Flinders pier. Got there at 4pm and tried half way up. Snagged a few times even with paternoster rig and lost 2 jigs. Decided to fish near second light pole on left side. Straight away got hit and pulled up a 40cm flatty. 20 mins later got a 30cm kgw. Used beach worm for both. Went a bit quiet after that and I ran out of worm. Left 630.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Not a bad flattie :thumbsup:

Aaron75
Has liked: 68 times

Post by Aaron75 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:07 pm

FishHunter81 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:35 pm
Hi guys.went to balnarring beach today and weed was everywhere. Pissed off from their real quick and decided to hit Flinders pier. Got there at 4pm and tried half way up. Snagged a few times even with paternoster rig and lost 2 jigs. Decided to fish near second light pole on left side. Straight away got hit and pulled up a 40cm flatty. 20 mins later got a 30cm kgw. Used beach worm for both. Went a bit quiet after that and I ran out of worm. Left 630.
Somers Yacht Club has a webcam here: http://www.somersyachtclub.com.au/webcams/

If you look at the webcam when the tide is falling you can see if there is a lot of weed on the beach. If there is weed there, there will generally be weed on all the beaches from Somers to Flinders.

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:45 am

a flatty and whiting of flinders is pretty good

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”