Squid rig set up

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Squid rig set up

Post by Kimtown » Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 pm
Just a very small tip.. use a small clip so that you can quickly change jigs without having to re-tie any knots if you want to go for a different colour.
Most of the time I find it's quicker to tie a knot than **** around with pliers trying to open the little bastard 'ez' clip things

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Wed May 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Just a very small tip.. use a small clip so that you can quickly change jigs without having to re-tie any knots if you want to go for a different colour.
Most of the time I find it's quicker to tie a knot than **** around with pliers trying to open the little bastard 'ez' clip things
Use your fingers, it takes 2 seconds. :thumbsup:
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 am

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:34 pm
Kimtown wrote:
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Use your fingers, it takes 2 seconds. :thumbsup:
Wow never would have thought of that
All the ones I've used are too small and tough to press in. Tying a knot takes 2 seconds too, doesn't effect the swim either

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 am

Kimtown wrote:
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
You'd be the only I've heard of using pliers for lure clips.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm

piscateur wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 am
Kimtown wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 am
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:34 pm
Kimtown wrote:
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Use your fingers, it takes 2 seconds
Wow never would have thought of that
All the ones I've used are too small and tough to press in. Tying a knot takes 2 seconds too, doesn't effect the swim either

First time for everything and each to our own. Who knows, it may make Kimtown a Pioneer, a Trail Blazer, a Leader , , , , in the way that some of us utilise tools.

Thank-you person who was the first ever person to work out to bite off opposing corners of a TimTam and then used said TimTam as a straw to suck up a warm beverage then plonk it in their mouth , , , , a TimTam explosion of decadence :super: , , , , or am I just being a Piggy , , , , oups, disregard that I said Piggy , , , , let's go with , , , , Gutzz , , , , yeah, Gutzz sounds more Blokey :a_goodjob:

I don't use Lure Clips but I do use swivels. I use the top ones. The others seem to challenge my sausage like fingers. I have on occasion, when I did try those other snap swivels AND had squid slim laden sausage fingers, I have used a pair of pliers. But more so on the Squid Jig loop to position the loop accurately.

Snap Swiv.PNG
Snap Swiv.PNG (96.97 KiB) Viewed 4204 times

But not these swivels, with no locking setup on them , , , , the can pull straight

Snap Swiv 1.PNG

I do have pliers, not this fancy. I have simple fishing long nose pliers

Pliers.PNG
Pliers.PNG (84.67 KiB) Viewed 4204 times

But these pliers (outside of cutting wire) do everything fingers can do, if we choose too , , , , but not advised as a good substitute for a finger/fingers in nose picking or butt scratching , , , , and DEFINITELY not performed in the other order, with the nose picking last :o_0:

BUT we all have to agree, with some jobs that require a firm grip , , , , you can't beat a hand :thumbsup: , , , , well you can , , , , but good luck with a pair of pliers :-D

Cheers, Bugatti

piscateur

Post by piscateur » Fri May 17, 2019 2:06 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm
Thank-you person who was the first ever person to work out to bite off opposing corners of a TimTam and then used said TimTam as a straw to suck up a warm beverage then plonk it in their mouth , , , ,
You're welcome :P , also do that with choc coated teddy bears. You're welcome in advance for this one too.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm

piscateur wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:05 am
Kimtown wrote:
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
I think most ladies use pliers so they don't crack their nail polish

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 pm

piscateur wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:06 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:05 pm
Thank-you person who was the first ever person to work out to bite off opposing corners of a TimTam and then used said TimTam as a straw to suck up a warm beverage then plonk it in their mouth , , , , ;-)
You're welcome :P , also do that with choc coated teddy bears. You're welcome in advance for this one too.

I always give things a go , , , , you just never know.

I bought a pack of Choc Coated Teddy Bears after your post, to give what you suggested a go , , , , and also while I was at the Shops, I thought that the Monte Biscuit might work the same.

Gave it a go after dinner (Snapper Cutlet , , , , unfortunately not "Seb Style") , , , , but the dunking , , , , man o man , , , , , decadent :super:

Bugdunker 1.PNG

You my good man, Mr Piscateur , , , , are my Newest Bestest Friend :notworthy:

Cheers, Bugdunker ;-)

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat May 18, 2019 6:00 pm

The ones i use are like these. Im not sure what size they are but they are about 10mm in length.

The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

piscateur

Post by piscateur » Mon May 20, 2019 10:12 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 pm

You my good man, Mr Piscateur , , , , are my Newest Bestest Friend :notworthy:

Cheers, Bugdunker ;-)
Hey Homie, do the teddy bear with cold milk so choc doesn't melt. Lop off an ear and opposing toe and suck it! :cheers:

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”