Fishing at flinders

Flinders, Shoreham, Point Leo, Balnarring, Merricks Beach, Somers, Stony Point, Crib Point
e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Re: Fishing at flinders

Post by e.welch » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:22 pm

Your all saying of the beach but would I be able to cast far enough with just a plain rod? Otherwise I might try convince grandad to go to rye if it would be any better

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:30 pm

e.welch wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:22 pm
Your all saying of the beach but would I be able to cast far enough with just a plain rod? Otherwise I might try convince grandad to go to rye if it would be any better
That video I shared, he wasn't using a long rod. I've fished there and you don't need to cast that far. Look for sand holes around the weed and cast to it. Maybe wade in a bit if you think you need to.
I've fished there and caught kgw and I didn't cast that far.
Burley and they'll come to shore. Dusk/dawn is best I guess, less scary for them to come to the shallows.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:43 pm

If you want Whiting durig the day, then find a lighter coloured patch in the deepest water you can get to. If it's just you and you're polite enough, some of the squid guys will let you fish the sand patches close to the pier while they have their floats drifting further out. If you're fishing late arvo, early morning or it's overcast then from about 1/4 of the way up to the end can produce. Make sure your baits are always in the lighter sand patches and not the darker weed, otherwise you'll snag up a lot and get nothing but Wrasse

e.welch

Post by e.welch » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:26 am

Sebb wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:30 pm
e.welch wrote:
That video I shared, he wasn't using a long rod. I've fished there and you don't need to cast that far. Look for sand holes around the weed and cast to it. Maybe wade in a bit if you think you need to.
Burley and they'll come to shore. Dusk/dawn is best I guess, less scary for them to come to the shallows.
Not sure if it’s going to happen because my Grandad’s got work to do maybe later on the arv?

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:00 pm

e.welch wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:26 am
Sebb wrote:
e.welch wrote:
Not sure if it’s going to happen because my Grandad’s got work to do maybe later on the arv?
Cant hurt to try whenever you can. Fishing and caught nothing is still much better than not fishing. Lol.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

e.welch

Post by e.welch » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:32 am

Sebb wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:00 pm
e.welch wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:26 am
Sebb wrote:
e.welch wrote:
Cant hurt to try whenever you can. Fishing and caught nothing is still much better than not fishing. Lol.
He canceled because he had to much work but I’m future will keep that in mind

Return to “Flinders to Hastings”