Mornington - 14/9 - AM

Mornington, Mt Martha, McCrae, Safety Beach, Mt Eliza
StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Mornington - 14/9 - AM

Post by StarrangerAU » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55 am

Inspired by yesterdays somewhat placid Sandringham event to target some decent snapper I thought to make an effort to catch the 3am high tide at Mornington.whilst much has been said about conditions needing to be downright dirty I thought the 100% cloud cover, 15+ winds, threats of light rain might be considered dirty'ish enough to bring a red inshore to the Mornington Pier.

Fished three lines, one heavy outfit out wide with whole squid and whole whiting, flashers and pattos in closer with pillies and squid.

Long story short, TLDR, Fished the ocean side of the pier from 2am to 7.30am with nothing to show for it..... other than a slightly lighter bait esky, and a possibly heavier waistline.

Otherwise looks like a nice day for boaties if you're heading out for the afternoon high.

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Re: Mornington - 14/9 - AM

Post by e.welch » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:28 pm

when did you leave because i might have seen you.

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:34 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55 am
Inspired by yesterdays somewhat placid Sandringham event to target some decent snapper I thought to make an effort to catch the 3am high tide at Mornington.whilst much has been said about conditions needing to be downright dirty I thought the 100% cloud cover, 15+ winds, threats of light rain might be considered dirty'ish enough to bring a red inshore to the Mornington Pier.

Fished three lines, one heavy outfit out wide with whole squid and whole whiting, flashers and pattos in closer with pillies and squid.

Long story short, TLDR, Fished the ocean side of the pier from 2am to 7.30am with nothing to show for it..... other than a slightly lighter bait esky, and a possibly heavier waistline.

Otherwise looks like a nice day for boaties if you're heading out for the afternoon high.
where is snapper? where is the fish, is like the bay empty

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Not a bad effort mate.
I’m waiting for this full moon period to end and then I’ll be out giving it another crack with the reds.
Cheers :thumbsup:

StarrangerAU

Post by StarrangerAU » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:02 pm

e.welch wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:28 pm
when did you leave because i might have seen you.
7.20 - 7.30'ish

StarrangerAU

Post by StarrangerAU » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:06 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:02 pm
Not a bad effort mate.
I’m waiting for this full moon period to end and then I’ll be out giving it another crack with the reds.
In my opinion, I think the LB folk will have to wait till the water temp gets up to around 16 degrees before the larger models will move closer to the shoreline. But that said, there's always chance of a random red just cruising around.

Gotta buy a ticket to be in with a chance.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Starry

I had Chores and got tired

Before After.PNG

You went fishing and had the fun

Mornington Pier.PNG

You chose wisely :thumbsup: , I chose poorly :(

But I'm sure we ended up at the same place much later :-D

Much After.PNG

StarrangerAU wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:55 am

nothing to show for it..... other than a slightly lighter bait esky, and a possibly heavier waistline.

Now Starry, with the slightly lighter bait esky AND a possible heavier waisteline , , , , I'm making the connection and going to let you know that there's this stuff called "Human Food" , , , , I kind of like it , , , , try the Burgers, they are awesome

Cheers, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:38 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:06 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:02 pm
Not a bad effort mate.
In my opinion, I think the LB folk will have to wait till the water temp gets up to around 16 degrees before the larger models will move closer to the shoreline. But that said, there's always chance of a random red just cruising around.

Gotta buy a ticket to be in with a chance.

Down here in SA, on two of the Metro Jetties, the weather needs to be a bit on the rougher side for a better chance with LB Reds. Star, is that the same there?

Bugs

StarrangerAU

Post by StarrangerAU » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:36 pm

You chose wisely :thumbsup: , I chose poorly :(
images (1).jpeg

As to your Q...

Any extreme weather that stirs up the food column and brings it within reach of the shoreline will usually be followed by the larger predator species. I'm sure there are exceptions though.

Return to “Mornington To Dromana”