Black Magic Squid Snatchers - opinions?

Southern Calamari, Squidding, Egi, Squid Jigs, Melbourne Squid Fishing Locations,
Cephalopod
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Black Magic Squid Snatchers - opinions?

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:30 am

rb85 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:39 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:51 pm
rb85 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:11 am
purple5ive wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:56 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:17 pm

Is it still believed that squid only live for 12 months? I just can't see how one squid would weigh 3kg and others 500 grams. Back in the old days I used to see people with 3 maybe 4kg squid caught from the little landing at Portsea pier, they can't be 12 months old
Maybe it's time you went and had a listen to a few people with a bit more knowledge about these things. Instead of bagging it to no end without prior knowledge.
Everything you have enquired about was covered in detail. And plenty more if you were interested.

And for the Authority that have issues with people doing these sorts of things, let me just say it was a pleasure going to an event sponsored by themselves in part. :rf: :rf:
The event was held as part of a grants initiative given to fishing clubs from the vfa and the likes which use the money received in fishing fees to make these sorts of things happen.
Saltyyyy guideee much :te:
😂 I have no issues with people learning just don’t tell me you slept with a supermodel when you bought a gps mark to the local whorehouse. Come to think of it if your so desperate to justify your purchasing of marks I can always set up a go fund me page on top of that I will also contribute to arm extension surgery so you can hold those fish you previously purchased out a little bit closer to the camera. May also help you pull the Sun out of your arse.
Let people learn or go about their business however they want mate, what is it to you?
Why are you so bothered that people are buying gps marks and benefiting out of that, it's been 2 years man and your still butt hurt about the whole salt guide thing, move on man.
There's many ways of fishing, some just choose the easier way out, if you want to be so pedantic about doing everything yourself then so be it mate.. don't have a go at someone just because they did something that you don't like.
You have completely missed my point the entire time I have mentioned it and been nothing but a disrespectful smartarse about it. I’ve got no problem with people being given advice
know how etc. The GPS mark exact spots is something completely different as a lot of these areas have been fished for years on end with very little boat traffic until a week later some turd whose used to fishing shoulder to shoulder out of Patto or Hastings Channel wants to do the same at other areas and localities which have previously been a reward for effort fishery is where I draw a line.

It’s when the purchased starts impacting on those who have put in the work on the water that it matters and there’s no doubt this has happened. People from Melbourne are culturally different to rural Victorians it’s a shame they couldn’t care less about walking all over them.

Edit:Some people from Melbourne
You can be shitty about it all you want, the fact though is nothing you or me can do to stop it. I have also been impacted by some of their stuff, just move on or get there earlier or whatever.
I have seen their website, it's actually quite helpful even without the reports section with the marks, there's plenty of things the average fisherman can learn from there, but ofcourse you wouldn't know that because you havent seen it yet (or perhaps you may have already) so yes if they are willing to pay and learn that way then let them do that!!

And be a smartass to someone and you will be treated back the same!!! And don't even go to the point of saying you didn't cause I can pull up multiple quotes for you to sit down and read for a few good days ok bud.. :ch:

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:47 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:35 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:54 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:21 am
purple5ive wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:17 pm

Is it still believed that squid only live for 12 months? I just can't see how one squid would weigh 3kg and others 500 grams. Back in the old days I used to see people with 3 maybe 4kg squid caught from the little landing at Portsea pier, they can't be 12 months old
Maybe it's time you went and had a listen to a few people with a bit more knowledge about these things. Instead of bagging it to no end without prior knowledge.
Everything you have enquired about was covered in detail. And plenty more if you were interested.

And for the Authority that have issues with people doing these sorts of things, let me just say it was a pleasure going to an event sponsored by themselves in part. :rf: :rf:
The event was held as part of a grants initiative given to fishing clubs from the vfa and the likes which use the money received in fishing fees to make these sorts of things happen.
Thanks for the hostile response, I was just asking a question.
So its ok for you to be arrogant about a subject and then blame someone else for doing the same?
If you werent so arrogant about the whole topic earlier in the thread my response would have been a lot better.
Who did I blame for being arrogant? Just because someone isn't interested in catching squid doesn't make them arrogant. I've probably caught just as many squid as you so I don't see the problem. The only question I have is do they really die after 12 months? You would a blast at a party

Catching more or less is not the concern here, it's just the attitude towards things that doesn't fancy your fishing taste is the problem.
And yes they die just before the year is over, with males living a bit longer if they dont get caught.
They also double in size ever 6 weeks.
If you didn't have the attitude about squid talks and the likes just like you have posted I would say to you go to the talk and you will learn about the fascinating life of squid. MNy of those questions you asked will make absolute sense once you hear why, how and when it all happens.

There is one down Geelong way soon for people who are reading, and its totally free to attend.

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:54 am

purple5ive wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:47 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

So its ok for you to be arrogant about a subject and then blame someone else for doing the same?
If you werent so arrogant about the whole topic earlier in the thread my response would have been a lot better.
Who did I blame for being arrogant? Just because someone isn't interested in catching squid doesn't make them arrogant. I've probably caught just as many squid as you so I don't see the problem. The only question I have is do they really die after 12 months? You would a blast at a party

Catching more or less is not the concern here, it's just the attitude towards things that doesn't fancy your fishing taste is the problem.
And yes they die just before the year is over, with males living a bit longer if they dont get caught.
If you didn't have the attitude about squid talks and the likes just like you have posted I would say to you go to the talk and you will learn about the fascinating life of squid. MNy of those questions you asked will make absolute sense once you hear why, how and when it all happens.

There is one down Geelong way soon for people who are reading, and its totally free to attend.
Give it a rest, this thread is alive thanks to me, otherwsise it would be just another fizzer, it's not all about you. Lighten up, your starting to sound like an entitled brat. How about giving the guy some squid tips rather then spewing your own glorious needs

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:02 am

Ok then, I you say so!!
Ive already given my 2c worth about the topic in the first reply.

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:45 am

Andrews wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:24 am
I'm all for the natural colours, whether it's murky or not squid still eat fish. haha!
The said common theory is either go natural mimicking their natural food source or go crazy to stand out amongst the other food source. If you're the only red bait fish amongst hundreds blue coloured pilchards, very good chance the red bait fish gets hit first.

Also the reason why I always take and try at least both natural and the unnatural (e.g. red/rainbow).
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

fisho999
Has liked: 531 times

Post by fisho999 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:50 am

dam this went from talking about squid jigs to beefing about GPS marks, that's why we love fishing vic! :rf:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:29 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:54 am
purple5ive wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:47 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:

Give it a rest, this thread is alive thanks to me, otherwsise it would be just another fizzer, it's not all about you. Lighten up, your starting to sound like an entitled brat. How about giving the guy some squid tips rather then spewing your own glorious needs
Entitled brat is being too nice.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:31 pm

fisho999 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:50 am
dam this went from talking about squid jigs to beefing about GPS marks, that's why we love fishing vic! :rf:
:rf: But the important thing is that we have established that white and red would be a good starting point, gotta love fishos, lol

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:45 pm

Sebb wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:45 am
Andrews wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:24 am
I'm all for the natural colours, whether it's murky or not squid still eat fish. haha!
The said common theory is either go natural mimicking their natural food source or go crazy to stand out amongst the other food source. If you're the only red bait fish amongst hundreds blue coloured pilchards, very good chance the red bait fish gets hit first.

Also the reason why I always take and try at least both natural and the unnatural (e.g. red/rainbow).
Yeah, and often that's the smart move to improve your odds.

My current choices are are:
Full sun = Natural colours (bait fish patterns)
Overcast / filtered light = darker profile (red, brown, etc)
Low light = natural (red, or white /natural)
High glare (sun rise, set, etc) = Any foil

90% of the time I'm either using a natural bait fish and red jig.
They're just versatile.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Post by Sebb » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:01 am

Oz Fish TV is doing squid landbased off Portsea with black magic squid snatcher at 11am on 7mate this Sunday.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Squid Fishing”