Land based spots around Sorrento...

Rosebud, Tootgarook, Rye, Blairgowrie, Sorrento
stewartb

Land based spots around Sorrento...

Post by stewartb » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:54 am

Hi all,

I am headed down to Sorrento for a wedding in a couple of weekends and will be there for four days. Obviously will have a fair bit of family things going but I am hoping to sneak out for half an hour here and there to chase some flathead which will be a first. My predicament is that I am unlikely to have more than half an hour to an hour to sneak away and need to keep relatively clean so bait is out of the question, so in turn I have the following question;

- Does anyone have any spots to try nearby? Not exactly sure where we are staying so will be happy with any suggestion.
- Any soft plastic or hardbody suggestions that work down there?
- Any rig suggestions? I have a couple of light spinning rods with 8lb mono so I am guessing they'll do the trick?
- Any other info and tips!!!

Many thanks in advance.

Stewart

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Land based spots around Sorrento...

Post by CarlG » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:41 pm

stewartb wrote:Hi all,

I am headed down to Sorrento for a wedding in a couple of weekends and will be there for four days. Obviously will have a fair bit of family things going but I am hoping to sneak out for half an hour here and there to chase some flathead which will be a first. My predicament is that I am unlikely to have more than half an hour to an hour to sneak away and need to keep relatively clean so bait is out of the question, so in turn I have the following question;

- Does anyone have any spots to try nearby? Not exactly sure where we are staying so will be happy with any suggestion.
- Any soft plastic or hardbody suggestions that work down there?
- Any rig suggestions? I have a couple of light spinning rods with 8lb mono so I am guessing they'll do the trick?
- Any other info and tips!!!

Many thanks in advance.

Stewart
Easiest solution is simply the main pier, (where the ferry docks). Flathead are possible on s/p`s, early evening can provide trevally, salmon are sometimes around and goatfish are a regular visitor. Try a couple of different s/p`s and you should be in with a shout of something..
Carl..

Return to “Rosebud to Sorrento/Portsea”