mitchell river Barnsdale

davek
Has liked: 268 times

mitchell river Barnsdale

Post by davek » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:23 am

can anyone tell me how the mitchell is fishing lately, i'm about to spend a week down that way and would love to wet a line, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Keenfisho

Re: mitchell river Barnsdale

Post by Keenfisho » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Hey Dave, just got back from the tambo. Fished for around 4 hrs for one 32cm bream. Alot of little bream around and no flattys. Hope you have better luck at the Mitchell

Crikey83

Post by Crikey83 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm

I was working in Bairnsdale a few weeks ago. Go into Mitchell Fishing & Outdoor get yourself some squidgees with the two ugly bastards (Berlos & someone I think) on the pack. Go over the bridge going out of Bairnsy into Lucknow, turn left into the park area park down at the feet of the bridge, on the right hand side there is a prime spot with plenty of standing area just down the bank. Some really nice Esturay Perch but watch out for the snags. I've got some pics here somewhere, I'll find them and upload them.
Also if you head out of Bairnsy towards Paynesville it will be well worth the short drive. There is some good spots on the way to Painsy for Bream. Please note, you cannot buy Squidgees in Paynesville, the tackle shop there doesn't stock them even though his regulars keep asking him to get them so they don't have to drive into Bairnsy to get em.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:35 pm

thank's guys,cheers davo :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”