Bairnsdale & Surrounds

AE092
Has liked: 5 times

Bairnsdale & Surrounds

Post by AE092 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:48 am

Hi all,

Looking to do a work trip in two weeks down to Gippsland as most customers are based in Bairnsdale so I'm tempted to take the fishing gear with me.

Normally I'd buy a box of prawns and go to Lake Tyers and try for some Bream/Duskies and then prawn at night. I haven't had much success around the Bairnsdale area with only one 30cm Bream landed in the back waters of Bairnsdale. Has anyone fished their recently? I've tried the Tambo and my reckons spider crabs are the go - less bites but better qaulity bait. Not particularly interested in flicking soft plastics as I would have been working the day leading up and would rather kick back and drown some bait.

Keenfisho

Re: Bairnsdale & Surrounds

Post by Keenfisho » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:37 pm

Hey mate,

Word on the street is there are a few kingfish getting around eagle point (short drive from Bairnsdale) I’d be getting some squid and heading down there. Good luck

AE092
Has liked: 5 times

Post by AE092 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:19 am

I did see the photo posted on fb of Kingfish lurking in the area so definitely worth a try!

Keenfisho

Post by Keenfisho » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:42 pm

I hooked one last Saturday out of the yak in lakes so I definitely know there in there. Not sure how far down they are but by the reports I would be giving it a shot mate

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”