Tarwin River EP

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Tarwin River EP

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:54 am

Decided to head to the Tarwin early Saturday morning on the run in tide to flick some lures and hopefully catch my first EP. First cast was met with a little tap but no follow up. About 20 casts later I got a little hit on my rapala xrap followed but a gentle hook up before a decent fight ensued. I was pleasantly surprised to see a decent sized perch surface in front me and I quickly got him up out of the water. Didn’t have my pliers with me and I had a p**** of a time ( literally) getting the treble out of his mouth but eventually got him back in the water to fight another day. No other action after that despite changing lures multiple times but I’ll be back for more. All up a beautiful still morning on the river with my first EP is pretty hard to beat.
Not sure how to do pics on here, I’ll see if I can get one up soon.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Tarwin River EP

Post by greggo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:56 am

Nice work, they sure go hard in there. Plastics go well in that system as well as surface lures...even better at night.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Re: Tarwin River EP

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:10 am

I went back this morning and tried plastics as well as hard bodies but didn’t even get a tap. Probably go again tonight or early morning for another crack before I go home.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”