A few KGW up the lake

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

A few KGW up the lake

Post by re-tyred » Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 pm

Beautiful weather , so I thought I would have a go up the lake today. Left at 7am boat in the water at 7.10am. 15 minutes up to Nungurner. Sounder looked good but no bites. i tried about 6 or 7 different spots that had good looking bottom and good fish echos, zip. Wandered off in the general area filling in time as I had a feeling the fish were there but not biting. After about an hour I went back still not having had a bite. Once again it all looked good. cast two rods in and went to sit down, except the first rod was bouncing around. No big fight but did have that KGW feel. Up came a 31cm KGW as the second rod started bending. Well the next 15 minutes and I had 8 in the esky. Then along came the water police, pulled up for a chat . it wasn't any I knew so they asked me about my safety gear. One did note it wasn't worth checking as I had my PFD on, and PLB radio etc hanging off it. Off they went to chase others. Unfortunately they seemed to have disturbed the fish. After about 20 minutes they came back and another 20 minutes I had 13 good fish and 3 under size that went back. Then it went quiet. Stayed for another half hour and then headed back. back home filleted them and made some into lunch. :tu: They are darn good eating.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-28 at 13.00.52.jpeg
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Bugatti

Re: A few KGW up the lake

Post by Bugatti » Thu May 28, 2020 1:39 pm

Wow, a great haul of Whiting there Denis , , , , oups, I mean Mike :tu:

And sounded (pun intended :-D ) like a hunt for the fish but well worth it. Always nice getting out.

re-tyred wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:19 pm
One did note it wasn't worth checking as I had my PFD on, and PLB radio etc hanging off it. Off they went to chase others.
You (they) can generally tell when someone is doing the right thing AND even with an indicator or two, it most often is spot on.

That's the "Blue m & m" theory.
Some movie stars "seem" to have weird and quirky personal requests to have waiting for them in the "green room" waiting room before a show or an appearance. Some requests are just ridiculous opulence but some requests serve a legitimate "hidden" purpose.

Some requests are were their Manager has put specific requests in for security, privacy, and what ever is needed. They also ask for something like "a bowl of only blue m & m" (or what ever may seem quirky). That's so that visually, when they (manager/star) walk in and see the bowl of only blue m & m, they can be almost certain that if that was provided, then the other request, the other important requests have been accommodated, adhered to as well.

Thumbs up re-tyred, for having metaphorical blue m & m, but it was never in doubt about your safety gear :tu:

Cheers, Bugs

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Thu May 28, 2020 3:35 pm

Yumie yumie

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu May 28, 2020 4:30 pm

Some tasty meals coming up! Nice catch mate.
Cheers 👍🏻

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Thu May 28, 2020 7:09 pm

very nice!

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”