Venus Bay

samjas1316
Has liked: 47 times

Re: Venus Bay

Post by samjas1316 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 pm

Troy McLure wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 pm
I think you need a yak or tinny to go upstream of the bridge, it’s on my to do list. I study google earth and walk around the area looking for access to the Tarwin land based but unfortunately they are few and far between, the platforms are ok but are usually full on weekends.
Sorry, wasn't clear. We were in a tinny for the Saturday and Sunday afternoon high tides. Then I tried on Sunday morning landbased. There's definitely some nice water above the bridge. I've seen some spots where people have fished landbased but I think on private property? Well done again on the salmon. I didn't think to give the surf a go with the morning low tides.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:38 am

Thanks Seb, that’s interesting. I’ll be back there in a few weeks with single hooks.
I saw a couple of tinnies headed up past the bridge, looks very fishy up there.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:57 am

samjas1316 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:25 pm
Troy McLure wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:59 pm
I think you need a yak or tinny to go upstream of the bridge, it’s on my to do list. I study google earth and walk around the area looking for access to the Tarwin land based but unfortunately they are few and far between, the platforms are ok but are usually full on weekends.
Sorry, wasn't clear. We were in a tinny for the Saturday and Sunday afternoon high tides. Then I tried on Sunday morning landbased. There's definitely some nice water above the bridge. I've seen some spots where people have fished landbased but I think on private property? Well done again on the salmon. I didn't think to give the surf a go with the morning low tides.
Have caught perch well up above the bridge, down near the bridge below the bridge, at the boat ramp under the pier, along the rockwalls and down at the mouth. The fish can hold in decent numbers the key is finding them. The other thing I have found is the bite is better on the runout.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:31 am

That’s good to know, I’ve got a fair bit to learn about the perch in there.

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”