Donuts on the Mitchell

ango

Donuts on the Mitchell

Post by ango » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi All.
I had a bit of time to kill, it was a nice day and I had some preserved sandworms left in the fridge from last season so I thought I will give the Mitchell a go. There have been lots of cars parked by the river bank lately, maybe tourists still to go home from the school holidays or perhaps the fish are on? I tried up and down the grassy bank and up the river closer to Bairnsdale, but I did not get a touch, the middle of the afternoon is not ideal and perhaps my worms were off, anyway it was good to get outside for a while after all the recent rain and cold. One thing I did notice was the litter that people are leaving behind on the river bank, how hard is it to take it home? I removed a bucket load but there was plenty left behind.
Cheers
Ango.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Re: Donuts on the Mitchell

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:35 pm

I remember fishing the Mitchell river when I was a kid with my cousins. Just small bream and plenty of Mullet from memory. Regarding the rubbish, it staggers me that people/fishermen dump **** everywhere. I just don’t get it. Half of the attraction to fishing for me is finding a quiet spot on the waters edge and enjoy nature without reminders of what pigs people can be. Grinds my gears more than anything I reckon.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:43 pm

The Tambo should be fishing well this time of year
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:18 pm

ango wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:57 pm
Hi All.
I had a bit of time to kill, it was a nice day and I had some preserved sandworms left in the fridge from last season so I thought I will give the Mitchell a go. There have been lots of cars parked by the river bank lately, maybe tourists still to go home from the school holidays or perhaps the fish are on? I tried up and down the grassy bank and up the river closer to Bairnsdale, but I did not get a touch, the middle of the afternoon is not ideal and perhaps my worms were off, anyway it was good to get outside for a while after all the recent rain and cold. One thing I did notice was the litter that people are leaving behind on the river bank, how hard is it to take it home? I removed a bucket load but there was plenty left behind.
Cheers
Ango.
Depending on how much rain you've had lately the deeper sections around the silt jetties and eagle point would be worth a crack

Webby

Post by Webby » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Would of been 15 cars parked along the river on my way home tonight.

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:37 am

Rivers and lake are dirty from all the rain. I would think the bream will be out in the lake somewhere.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”