Land based shark fishing ( ? around Mallacoota)

Isaac
Has liked: 2 times

Land based shark fishing ( ? around Mallacoota)

Post by Isaac » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:28 am

Good afternoon everyone...
I am wanting to head up Mallacota way in the next week or so... maybe even up into NSW and Eden way... Wondering where I'd have the best chance to catch larger shark, with out having to kayak or fly baits out, in other words close enough to cast...i have seen some nice beaches up that way...but wondering if any one would be kind enough to share a spot...i have a 4wd, preferably don't wanna get scratched tho, but if it's a fwd track happy to drive it.

I am local to east gippsland, but due to selling the boat, we have reverted to land-based...a drone is high on the list, so we can fly baits out down the track.

Thank you for your time

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Re: Land based shark fishing ( ? around Mallacoota)

Post by e.welch » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:16 pm

Isaac wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:28 am
Good afternoon everyone...
I am wanting to head up Mallacota way in the next week or so... maybe even up into NSW and Eden way... Wondering where I'd have the best chance to catch larger shark, with out having to kayak or fly baits out, in other words close enough to cast...i have seen some nice beaches up that way...but wondering if any one would be kind enough to share a spot...i have a 4wd, preferably don't wanna get scratched tho, but if it's a fwd track happy to drive it.

I am local to east gippsland, but due to selling the boat, we have reverted to land-based...a drone is high on the list, so we can fly baits out down the track.

Thank you for your time
If you wait till after Christmas you might get to meet Kim town because he’s meant to be heading up that way

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Land based shark fishing ( ? around Mallacoota)

Post by DougieK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:40 pm

City Rock at Greencape is a spectacular sharking spot. Whack a salmon head on a big circle out under a balloon at dusk, during a northerly wind.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”