More KG Whiting form Paynesville

ango

More KG Whiting form Paynesville

Post by ango » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Hi all, I went out from Paynesville around 8.00am this morning to have another go at the KG whiting. At the first spot I tried, not a touch, I moved and again not a touch, after 5 or so moves this was becoming very familiar, then I decided to have a go in the shallower areas, 1.6m or so and the bites started. I ended up with 9, a couple of good size ones and the rest 28 - 29 cm. I could see the whiting in the water following my baits as I slowly brought then in. After a while the wind died down and it became glassy calm and the bite slowed down so in I went for lunch. Baits were squid & mussel, they were keener on the squid today.
Cheers.
Attachments
m_IMG_2016.jpg

Pirkz
Has liked: 222 times

Re: More KG Whiting form Paynesville

Post by Pirkz » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Also went out this arvo from the Fort King ramp and fished the 2 m line off the bank directly across from the North end of Raymond Island as I was half thinking of going up to Lakes area if no success. Several moves but nowt on squid so reverted to the original plan and motored up to Nungurner jetty are and fished the 11 m line for a mixed bag of the usual suspects including 6 KGW between 26-30 cm of which only 2 were keepers. Fresh mussel squid cocktail whilst a PIA to put on the hook seemed to work more effectively than just squid for the KGW. Just need to find em closer to home now and save 15 litres of gas...

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Re: More KG Whiting form Paynesville

Post by re-tyred » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:26 am

These are my KGW and school whiting rigs. I cut the bait jig rig in half and make two whiting rigs
Attachments
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg (7.87 KiB) Viewed 682 times
IMG_20210330_104338_9.jpg
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”