Lakes Entrance whiting?

ango

Lakes Entrance whiting?

Post by ango » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:47 am

Hi All.
The latest "East Gippsland Fishing Report" for Lakes Entrance has KG whiting getting caught around the islands. I take these reports with a grain of salt but it would be good if there were whiting around at this time of the year because I would be chasing them rather than going offshore after pinkies etc.

The reports on here have no whiting getting caught this time if year. Has anyone had any success on the KG whiting around Lakes Entrance lately?
Cheers
Ango.

Pirkz
Has liked: 229 times

Re: Lakes Entrance whiting?

Post by Pirkz » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:14 pm

No. Fished Woolaston for a few hours last week just to give the boat a run. Couldn't lose a bait and didn't see any signs of fish life. Crab fisher bloke came over and said that a few KGW had been caught to the north of Raymond Island and the Loch Sport fishing page on FB showed a couple caught down that end of the system. Looking at last years record, the KGW kicked off for me mid Sept at the back of Flannagan's Island as per earlier threads on this forum.
Pirkz

Pirkz

Re: Lakes Entrance whiting- A game of wheres Wally?

Post by Pirkz » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:55 pm

Nice morning so decided to get out on the water for a couple of hours. Launched trusty Tinny around 1030 and headed over to Woolaston again today - more in hope and curiosity than in expectation. Stayed a few hours and moved here and there all for nowt using Pipi for bait. Nice few hours afloat though as always. Shall leave the lakes alone now until heading up to Flannagan's around mid Sept for a few quick sorties before heading off to Europe for a few months - which is an imbuggerance where my KGW fishing is concerned. Todays lesson for all boaters (and speaking from experience as I have been caught out more than once here - ok second time was mates boat so not guilty on my part), check the lubrication on your steering arm at the engine if the boat hasnt been used for a while. Boaty today launched, did a circle and returned awkwardly to shore (eventually) as steering was jammed. Believe the grease inside sliding arm bit at the engine goes hard and all bets are off. Shame for his visitors from Melbourne.
So still cant find Wally - or should that be George!
Tight Lines
Pirkz

Paulanderson
Has liked: 63 times

Post by Paulanderson » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:37 pm

Ango I spent a morning fishing at The Barrier and around Fraser Is last week for a load of toadies - no sign of any Whiting.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:52 pm

ango wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:47 am
Hi All.
The latest "East Gippsland Fishing Report" for Lakes Entrance has KG whiting getting caught around the islands. I take these reports with a grain of salt but it would be good if there were whiting around at this time of the year because I would be chasing them rather than going offshore after pinkies etc.

The reports on here have no whiting getting caught this time if year. Has anyone had any success on the KG whiting around Lakes Entrance lately?
Cheers
Ango.

Maybe silver whiting?

Paulanderson
Has liked: 63 times

Post by Paulanderson » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:51 pm

Visited the usual haunts yesterday and, apart from another strong welcome from the Toadfish, no sign of any KGW. An hour casting lures and plastics did result in one decent hit but was equally fruitless in terms of catch. The KGW should be with us soon hopefully!!!!

Pirkz

Post by Pirkz » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:05 pm

Fished today for a few hours as far up as the Barrier Landing for nowt. Moved to Nungurner and fished in 11m for a few Silver whiting on squid - all returned though keeepable. Only 8 sleeps left to catch a KGW before I head off to Europe for nearly 3 months swopping our Spring for their Autumn/Winter...Doh....
Pirkz

Elmer Stratty
Has liked: 56 times

Post by Elmer Stratty » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:49 pm

Water outside at 15°c, caught a 43cm KGW at 6 Mile. Now bobbing around near the Pines looking for a feed of flatties.

E

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”