Golden Beach

Yowie

Golden Beach

Post by Yowie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Guys

i am headin out to do some surf fishing near and around Golden Beach/Paradise Beach/Loch Sport area. Was wondering if any one caught anything out that way and if so where about and also if you guys had any tips.

P.S. I am a newby at fishing :)

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Re: Golden Beach

Post by VooDoo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:32 pm

:welcome: to the site :)

Take a couple of small rods with with as well ... there's plenty of breams to catch around that area in the estuary and river system.

Good Luck with the trip .. tell us how it goes :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Yowie

Post by Yowie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks Mate

Thanks for the advice... Any idea on type of bait i should try out there... I was told Blue Bait is good.

Beached

Post by Beached » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Tell us if you catch anything I'm heading up that way Australia day
Dont worry about tomorrow, dont worry about next week, live for now and long live the weekend.

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Post by soulstar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Blue bait, Pilchard, or Squid! Plastics (fly) or even Poppies! Got a good chance of catching salmon or even a pinky. Snapper is hopeful! Remember to cast over the waves and into the calmer water that looks darker then the first few meters! So cast in what we call the Gutters! thats were the fish will be feeding.

ps: you may have to get your feet wet so dont be shy to go in knee deep to throw ya rod out in that gutter part. And also recommend to ask locals about whats been coming in....best advise you can get.
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Milk man

Post by Milk man » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:51 pm

I go there camping every year at christmas/new years, this year was my worst result so far.. Mostly due to huge amounts of weed that was there basically the whole time I was there (6 days).. When I did get a small window to fish I managed a couple of salmon and a small leopard shark.. I was just using pilchards.. Blokes about 100 m down from me caught 2 good sized gummies but they were using surf skies to get their baits out.. Another option if the weed is there is mclellend straight, it connects lake victora and lake wellington, which is in seacombe (on the way to loch sport).. There's a few species to catch like bream and flatties, you may even snag yourself a carp or 2 lol. Best bait for there is probably prawns or freshwater yabbies if you can get your hands on some
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

Yowie

Post by Yowie » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:46 am

Guys these are all great advice for me...

Thank you all. BTW i was told to buy a poloroid glasses to spot holes... is it worth it?

BTW "Beached" i am heading out there the week after you. SO you might be able to give me a better understanding :)

BTW this is the best website i have found. you guys have been great..... Thanks Heaps.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 am

i fished woodside beach between christmas and new year, was blowing a sandstorm on the beach. I only caught a 40 cm flatty there on that day. Others caught snapper, salmon, flatties and gummies at night.

Yowie

Post by Yowie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:45 am

Hi Guys

Did any one head towards the 90 mile beach on the long weekend? And did you guys have any luck?

I am going this coming weekend to the golden beach cant wait 3 days of pure fishing... :)

dtswisdom

Post by dtswisdom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi all

Heading to 90 mile beach this weekend for a boys trip.....any good fishing stories lately ?

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”