Upper Coliban Res

Wombat

Upper Coliban Res

Post by Wombat » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:20 am

A mate and I spent a couple of freezing hours fishing this beautiful spot at the weekend All we caught were a couple of small trout which we returned to catch another day. Before we left we decided to go for a walk below the spillway to see how things looked. There are obviosly a lot of people who frequent the area, but you wouldn't class them as fishermen, more like pigs, the number of empty stubbies and other rubbish that has been left behind makes you wonder what their houses are like. It is no big hassle to carry out what you take in. As it was we filled four shopping bags of rubbish but ran out of bags and there was still heaps left

troutman

Re: Upper Coliban Res

Post by troutman » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:45 pm

hey there wombat !!

yep i second your thoughts .
visited lauriston reservoir last weekend and was also disgusted with the rubbish left.
bottles / bags / worm plastic containers / bottle caps !!!

my rage :twisted: builds inside me when i see people (?), trash such a fantastic environment .
Often i pick the crap up, and take it home myself , but this day there was so much, and it was so wet/cold i couldnt assist.
But i dont know :?: ....u will never get through to anyone who only thinks about them themselves and treats everything else with contempt.!! :!:

oh by the eay ..on a fishing note : 2hrs with worms , 3 small rainbows (hand size ) , 1 small reddy. caught and returned near BBQ area.

catch u later

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:41 am

troutman wrote:hey there wombat !!

yep i second your thoughts .
visited lauriston reservoir last weekend and was also disgusted with the rubbish left.
bottles / bags / worm plastic containers / bottle caps !!!

my rage :twisted: builds inside me when i see people (?), trash such a fantastic environment .
Often i pick the crap up, and take it home myself , but this day there was so much, and it was so wet/cold i couldnt assist.
But i dont know :?: ....u will never get through to anyone who only thinks about them themselves and treats everything else with contempt.!! :!:

oh by the eay ..on a fishing note : 2hrs with worms , 3 small rainbows (hand size ) , 1 small reddy. caught and returned near BBQ area.

catch u later

Good to see you got a few fish from lauriston, it's a great place to fish. Pity that there are people who have no respect or are just too damn lazy to either take their rubbish with them or put it in a bin. :wall:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

bristlehound

Post by bristlehound » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Spent a lot of time over the years fishing Lauriston and the other reservoirs in the system. Some time back, there was consideration given to closing Lauriston to fishing because of the amount of rubbish being left behind. Fortunately, this didn't eventuate. Doesn't mean it won't though. The guy that owned the property on the west side of Keegan's Bay told me he'd had several water pumps stolen from near the water's edge. I suspect this is the reason that area is fenced and off limits these days. I understand that the White Swan Reservoir, Ballarat's domestic water supply and a once popular fishing spot, is now fenced off and closed to fishing (and public in general) because of the continual rubbish problems.
If you want to keep it - Look after it!!!!

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:17 pm

It makes me :angry: to see the amount of anglers that just dont respect nature & dump plastice bags , food wrappers etc , i have cleaned up many times after these pig's smh .

Beno

Post by Beno » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:20 pm

I see it everywhere :( I think its just one of those things us responsible anglers need to educate the bone heads that its bad for the environment!
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:38 am

Beno wrote:I see it everywhere :( I think its just one of those things us responsible anglers need to educate the bone heads that its bad for the environment!
These bone heads most likely live like pig's @ home mate , so sometimes theres no changing them . smh

Beno

Post by Beno » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:34 am

Very true Miker, lets just hope they are a dieing race.
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Grampians and Surrounds Fishing Reports”