A report about...nothing!

Bugatti

Re: A report about...nothing!

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 am
Planned to fish Gunnamatta on Saturday with couple mates. Weather forecast was promising, tide wind swell etc looked great. Friday night both of them cancelled... So I ended up went to get a haircut and on the couch whole day....
Sunday afternoon I got the urge to go fishing, was cold and raining. Put the waterproof outfit and off to Altona pier at around 4pm, was hoping to get some salmons, even the small ones, anything! .... And donut ......
Cancellations and Couches , , , , a Fisherman's worse enemy , , , , oh, and Lawns , , , , stupit lawns. At least blocked gutters have the decency of hiding their peril

A day out is a great day , , , , simple.

Hey, I'm getting the hang of these short replies. Not too many words, not rambling about this or that, not going on and on and on and , , , , oh, I did it again, didn't I :oops:

Cheers, well done Seb
Bugz

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:37 pm

April Fool wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm
Seb, I don't think you can match my current form! I did some research the other day...it was mid October when I caught my last decent fish. And mid March this year when I caught my last fish...a small Trout cod at the cod trip. Last time I went fishing was mid May. The drought will break soon!

Somehow I have been talked into assisting with the loading of trout eggs into incubators at Snobs Creek next Tuesday. I am doing a bit of fish related stuff behind the scenes of late.
Cheers
Team Bender
There are many aspects of fishing and most of them don't rely on catching fish , , , , but man does it make it feel a little better , , , , loading trout eggs in incubators sounds like a pretty cool aspect of fishing :thumbsup:

On the string of Donuts , , , , there may be "Naming Rights" issues

Donut King.PNG

Cheers, The Prince of Donuts, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:40 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:43 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:30 pm
April Fool wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 pm

I should have realised that after returning to work after 5 months off that everything would be sore which means the body was much better suited to drinking coffee at the local supermarket cafe whilst the scenery travelled past!

Cheers
Team Bender
Has not yet found any Trivago chick equivalents here in Shepp.

Cheers, Bug , , , , when you do find Miss Trivago 2.0 , , , , ask her if she has a Sister :-D
Get on Tinder Bug and find your very own tinderella.

rb, I think some of the single blokes can appreciate , , , , very few Tinderellas , , , , a lot more Tinderzillas

Cheers, Bugzilla

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:55 pm

That was fun! Spent half the day at Numurkah targeting my elusive 1.5 metre carp that I have set as a goal...yep, I've raised the bar!!! Bait for the day was yabbies, one actually as it saw me through the day and it was released alive at the end of its tour of duty. May have been a different outcome if I used worms or corn but today I had the 'go big or go home' attirude! So I went home, fishless! Not that I would have taken a fish home anyway.

I tried a baitrunner reel for the first time ever but it wasn't tested. Whilst I have a few crappo rods, I thought I would bait fish in style today with a Loomis...also wasn't tested. The barometric pressure was high and dropping and the day was overcast. So what do I take out of todays effort? I obviously need to buy more expensive gear than a Loomis rod!
Cheers
Team Bender
Doesn't know when to stop!

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Went to Altona pier last night for an hour after work.
Donut.
Haven't fished there for ages. Has anyone caught anything there recently?
Attachments
rps20190726_134528.jpg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:19 pm

And...their on! Filling of the channels for the up and coming irrigation season has commenced!

This one flows east of the Goulburn..it had the f*** electro-fished out of it this winter. I won't be paying too much attention to it early.
main.PNG
This one flows west of Goulburn...from what I can tell after high level talks with fisheries today, the fish in this system did not have a shocking winter!
SMC.PNG
cheers
Team Bender
Thinking west is best this season!

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Went to Princess Pier after work. Wind Was blowing strong SE, was rough and looked good for snapper landbased. Few people fishing.
Only saw one guy caught one pinkie. I caught gudgeon look alike and some pinkie bite. Otherwise, donut.

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:04 am

Went to port melb rocks last night. Was like a market. Rods all the way from carpark to the other end after the bend.
Didn't realise that the night before (Sat) someone caught a mega red there. So those people were trying their luck last night. Weather wasn't as rough as Sat, not rough enough for landbased snapper.
Few pinkie bites, saw someone caught a baby gummy.

Sebb

Post by Sebb » Sat May 28, 2022 5:05 pm

Went to Moorabool this morning.
7:30am-10:45am.
Donut....
I was on fly, my mate was using spoon. He hooked a small 'bow and dropped it. That's it...

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:20 pm

Sebb wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:05 pm
Went to Moorabool this morning.
7:30am-10:45am.
Donut....
I was on fly, my mate was using spoon. He hooked a small 'bow and dropped it. That's it...
At least you got out been a while for me.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”