Eildon 27-6-19

Sinsemilla

Eildon 27-6-19

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Just a quickie with no photos because no fish..

Spent a few hours on a mates boat trolling for trout. Got the boat on the water by 8am with thick fog. The fog didn't lift till midday.

We launched from Jerusalem creek boat ramp and headed right up the Big river arm.

There was Blue-green algae from the ramp all the way up the Big river arm. Water temp went from 12 degrees in the main part of the lake to 10 degrees right up big river arm.

Cheers, Anth

Bugatti

Re: Eildon 27-6-19

Post by Bugatti » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Nothing like a quickie Anth, great fun, even if there wasn't a happy ending, just nice to be there and have a flick. My concern would be the blue/green algae, I wouldn't be going back till it clears up.

Cheers, Bug

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:01 pm

It’s not always about catching the fish anyway Anth.
I have had many sessions with a friend of mine where we have got nothing but was great company catching up and having a good chat about things/life and fishing together :)
Cheers :thumbsup:

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks fellas.

It's not always about the fish! Well that's what I tell myself anyway..

We didn't notice the blue green algae till the fog lifted. If we did we wouldn't have bothered. We'll be leaving Eildon alone for a bit now and concentrating our efforts elsewhere.

Anth

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:13 pm

shame about the blue green.

how much water is in big river arm at the moment? (i've only been up there above about 60%)

still a nice place to be so not a complete waste of time.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:01 am

ben475 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:13 pm
shame about the blue green.

how much water is in big river arm at the moment? (i've only been up there above about 60%)

still a nice place to be so not a complete waste of time.
It is a really picturesque place, especially when there is plenty of fog.

Absolutely none.. As you get up to the 5knot marker it's pretty much mud.

Cheers, Anth

Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Post by Irishfisherman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Recently me and dad had a trip up to Eildon with fishing and hunting being the main agenda. We launched at Jerusalem creek and made our way towards the big river arm. It wasn’t too busy so we were spoilt for choice for a place to camp, once we were set up we wasted no time getting into the action, dad was in search of deer while I was after the fish. Although we had the boat I opted to fish landbased throughout the trip. On the first day I caught a few common carp, a mirror carp and one small Redfin all on worm, on the second day I caught a Redfin on spinner, a small brown trout on a pink tassie and yet again more carp. On the third and final day I caught another trout on a pink tassie this time slightly larger, before catching yet again more carp and Redfin, however, as darkness approached I managed to catch my first roach in Australia, before also catching a 41cm golden perch which was an entirely new species for me. Ended up taking it home and I reckon it’s one of the better freshwater fish I have eaten with a subtle yet enjoyable flavour and a soft flaky texture. To conclude, I would say the trip was a great success, not just because of the fishing but also the great banta and camaraderie’s between dad and I, not to mention the mostly friendly competitiveness. I I always enjoy creating great memories in such a beautiful place.
Hope this helps or encourages anyone thinking of heading up there.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:15 pm

Mate, that's what it's all about, as you say
Fish or deer is a byproduct
Memories to treasure
Cheers Gra

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”