Porepunkah fishing

GusG
Has liked: 41 times

Porepunkah fishing

Post by GusG » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:28 am

Got away for the weekend and managed to get a fish in which was nice.

Got up there late Friday arvo and while setting up camp I could see lots of bugs just above the water and saw a couple of fish jump which got me revved up and ready to get amongst it, unfortunately I had to set up camp before dark so couldn't get out.

I had a crack the following morning, evening and a couple of sessions yesterday. And just like Victoria's corona numbers, I also got donuts. Nothing. Saw one rise but no takers. The facts that I forgot my polarising lenses didn't help trying to spot fish :oo:

Took me a while to get my casting back under control and was able to work some good looking areas with a variety of flies but got nothing.

Beautiful place and looked fairly fishy but nothing. To make matters worse on my last session I somehow managed to break the tip of my Kilwell fly rod, my favourite one!

Anyway, for me the weekend was about getting away, relaxing and spending some time on the river. A fish would have been a bonus but still had a great time without them.

Thanks to SebB ad Ben475 for their advice.
Attachments
Fish4.jpg
Fish3.jpg
Fish2.jpg
Fish1.jpg

Sebb
Has liked: 3007 times

Re: Porepunkah fishing

Post by Sebb » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:22 pm

GusG wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:28 am
Got away for the weekend and managed to get a fish in which was nice.

Got up there late Friday arvo and while setting up camp I could see lots of bugs just above the water and saw a couple of fish jump which got me revved up and ready to get amongst it, unfortunately I had to set up camp before dark so couldn't get out.

I had a crack the following morning, evening and a couple of sessions yesterday. And just like Victoria's corona numbers, I also got donuts. Nothing. Saw one rise but no takers. The facts that I forgot my polarising lenses didn't help trying to spot fish :oo:

Took me a while to get my casting back under control and was able to work some good looking areas with a variety of flies but got nothing.

Beautiful place and looked fairly fishy but nothing. To make matters worse on my last session I somehow managed to break the tip of my Kilwell fly rod, my favourite one!

Anyway, for me the weekend was about getting away, relaxing and spending some time on the river. A fish would have been a bonus but still had a great time without them.

Thanks to SebB ad Ben475 for their advice.
You're not wrong there.
Casting fly line on such nice river is already a joy on its own.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Looks like a great place for a fish.
Nice pics 😃
Cheers 👍🏻

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:34 pm

Nice report, great looking location! Shame about the tip - done something similar on a trip in tassie, closed the door on it in the first hour of a 5 day adventure

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:28 pm

would have been good to get away, nice area.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:01 am

What a beautiful spot.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Northern Victoria Fishing Reports”