Freshwater updates

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Andoki

Freshwater updates

Post by Andoki » Thu May 10, 2012 9:59 am

Although I like freshwater fishing as much as I like the saltwater fishing, but I find myself going more often to saltwater fishing, probably because of the distance that I need to travel to get a good location for fishing?
Anyway, I’m thinking of giving a crack for a freshwater fishing sometimes soon this coming week … any recommended locations for this time of the year? any reports, advises or opinions will be considered …Cheers

johnat24

Re: Freshwater updates

Post by johnat24 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi andoki, I always like Wendourree if youre targeting trout, it's a out what? 130k from the CBD? I also enjoy Eildon pondage, had a 3kg rainbow aces weeks ago on powerbait and a mirror carp of about 8lb on garden worm. Other than those two places I've not fished anywhere else (only been here12 mths) and just moved to Sandringham, so like you, will probably be doing mostly sea fishing now. I have heard tho that Belgrave lake is good if you are targeting carp!

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Eppalock is still producing Reddies.A fisho in my street hooked a 3lb Yellowbelly on worm in10metres of water of the rock wall last week.Eppa is a bit like PPB. Locals know the areas the fish hold or feed in so it can be hit and miss too.Tip is it's going to be bloody cold this weekend ,so bring your woolies Sunday is forecast to be -0 to 9deg. :crazy:
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Thu May 10, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm not really into Carp, unless it came up by chance while I trying to catch some Reddys or so, I prefer Red fin, Perch and Trout
I havn't been in Wendourree before, where are some good spots there for fishing?

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm

malleestump wrote:Eppalock is still producing Reddies.A fisho in my street hooked a 3lb Yellowbelly on worm in10metres of water of the rock wall last week.Eppa is a bit like PPB. Locals know the areas the fish hold or feed in so it can be hit and miss too.Tip is it's going to be bloody cold this weekend ,so bring your woolies Sunday is forecast to be -0 to 9deg. :crazy:
Yes, you are right, some long time ago I went there with the family for a visit, and still remember this guy who catched big Reddy of the rocks ... I'll go again later in the month ... Cheers

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:58 am

Andoki wrote:I'm not really into Carp, unless it came up by chance while I trying to catch some Reddys or so, I prefer Red fin, Perch and Trout
I havn't been in Wendourree before, where are some good spots there for fishing?
I always fish at st Patrick's point on the platform to the left hand side of it. Use any powerbait and fish about 40m out, running leger rig with about 1m tipper above the stop shot to keep the bait above the weed. Bagged up everytime I've been there, usually about 900g to 1.5kg. Good eaters!!

Cheers
John

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Fri May 11, 2012 8:33 am

Cool ... will try your recipe John next time I'm there and will update you ... Thanks

Return to “Australian Natives”