Bass and Eps - hot session

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Bass and Eps - hot session

Post by Sebb » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:54 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:51 pm
Another Great Vid Alex would love to invite you guys to go chasing EP's with me once this Covid thing is over.

Few things I think you could do to add a bit for the viewers would be the setup used and why rods, reels line leaders etc. The other could possibly be a bit of an explanation on techniques used. Regardless I enjoy the videos especially the bass and EP stuff. Great Work
Good idea rb, Even just a quick "I'm using a blah rod, with blah reel, blah braid, blah leader" would be good i reckon.

I already have too much gear as it is, but it's good to hear what other people are using with success.
I like it too when watching fishing videos and they explain what it is and how it is.

Maz, maybe not so much of what the rod reel is. But more of general stuff, like I use 6ft rod because ... And 1-3 kg rod because ... And e.g 4lb line because the water is clear, etc etc. Also maybe something like i use plastic with 1/24 because ... And how slow is the pause etc.
No need to say the brand, etc.

Just a suggestion from my personal thought. You're videos get better everytime :tu:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:44 pm

I agree with Seb, you’ve got a lot of knowledge about lures and so forth that could help blokes who are still trying to crack the code. Not that I want an armchair ride or anything, part of the fun of fishing is working it all out and the satisfaction it gives you.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:59 pm

mazman wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 pm
Thanks guys, plenty of places in vic to get away from people and get into some fish.
rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:51 pm
Another Great Vid Alex would love to invite you guys to go chasing EP's with me once this Covid thing is over.

Few things I think you could do to add a bit for the viewers would be the setup used and why rods, reels line leaders etc. The other could possibly be a bit of an explanation on techniques used. Regardless I enjoy the videos especially the bass and EP stuff. Great Work
I feel that saying the exact combo I'm using is a bit ostentatious, it was always one of the things I didn't like about fishing shows growing up that the always spruiked the expensive stuff they were using. Trying to put more effort into describing the techniques, plans and lures but it takes a surprising amount of confidence to lay out your plan at the start of a trip as something more than just a thought in your head.
Definitely keen on a trip.
Troy McLure wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 am
A cracking spot there mate, nothing quite like a peaceful river away from everyone and everything. You’re casting is spot on the money too.
Thanks mate, I'll be putting together a clip with a few casting tips and tricks soon.
100% agree regarding exact combos was more thinking e.g. 2-4kg rod 6foot for casting accuracy 10lb fluorocarbon etc. BUT they are your vids so do them how you want they are great viewing regardless
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “Australian Natives”