Landbased clearwater cod

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Landbased clearwater cod

Post by mazman » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:37 pm

Hey guys,

Still spending more time fishing than editing so a little bit behind on the videos, this is the afternoon session from when I caught my first cod on fly, the area I was fishing on the kayak was super slow so I packed up my stuff and went for a drive to try and find some cod in skinny clearwater. Eventually found a stretch that looked suitable jumped out the car loaded up my landbased gear and gave it a crack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JDnDtiBLRU

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Re: Landbased clearwater cod

Post by Sebb » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:08 pm

Geez I'd kill for that spot and experience. Good on you.
Ps, I won't actually kill anyone but I would pay for a guided fishing like that :D
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:57 pm

What experience you get comes down to luck and how hard you work while you're there. For the spots just pick rivers you know have fish and keep going upstream, cod will go a long way up rivers, once you've found a spot that looks nice give it a go. Can be a lot of walking between the good water but the experience is pretty cool
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:44 pm

mazman wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:57 pm
What experience you get comes down to luck and how hard you work while you're there. For the spots just pick rivers you know have fish and keep going upstream, cod will go a long way up rivers, once you've found a spot that looks nice give it a go. Can be a lot of walking between the good water but the experience is pretty cool
Yeah true.
Wis I could turn back time when I still got plenty of time in my 20s to do that. I did that for trout on fly, cod exploring adventure never crossed my mind, wish it did.

Now I'm in my 30s with mortgage and a wife, full time job and part time studies. Suddenly 24hrs a day isn't enough.

Good on you Mazman :tu:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Australian Natives”