Cod Trip,who's interested?

Murray Cod, Australian Bass, Golden Perch and more.
drew 2

Cod Trip,who's interested?

Post by drew 2 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:55 am

Ok folks who would be interested in a bit of a camping/fishing/meet & greet weekend up on the murray somewhere in march or april (easter is out),i know it is still a way off but it does give everyone plenty of time to get organised and find a date that suits most people and the weather is a bit more settled & less chance of fire restrictions/bans.There are lots of options between barmah & mulwala as to where to go, depending on numbers,access(wet track's) & river heights,we would probably have to choose a spot a week or so out,but i can easily slip up for a scout around the weekend before. It would be a BYO everything, camping sat night (though i'd probably go up fri to "claim" the spot.)Would pick somewhere easily accesible by 2wd vehicle,i have a 4wd so would be able to launch/retrieve boats if required.The river gives plenty of opportunity for the bank anglers as well,and i would be more than happy to take people out for a fish in my boat at some stage if they wanted to.A NSW licence would be needed to fish.We did a few of these trips in the old "fishvic" days and they were great fun and a chance to meet other like minded anglers,nothing to serious,just a nice social occasion.
Any thoughts,ideas or comments put them up here and we will see what we end up with

Milk man

Re: Cod Trip,who's interested?

Post by Milk man » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:05 am

I'm definitely interested.. Never got a chance to go on any of the old fish Vic trips :(
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:17 am

I'm not a camper but may come for a day trip. Choose your day and I will check my work roster when the time comes.
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:31 am

yeah drew i'd be interested although I do have a cod comp late april, cheers davo.
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 am

No worrys guy's,thats why i put it up early,from past experience it really does take a bit to get these things off the ground,but they eventually do come together given time,and have always been enjoyable trips,saturday night with a beer & a feed around the fire is generally the highlight.
I'll give this a bump every now and then and we will see what we come up with :thumbsup:

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:04 am

Count me in Drew :thumbsup: Hopefully malleestump & oldmanriver can come as well.
As drew said we did a few of these in the fishvic days and we all had a ball it would be great to have a few new fishos to come along.

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:36 am

Thought you might be interested Steve 8-) 8-) Yeah it would be good to have the elder statesmen come along :lol: :lol: lawn bowls should be over by then :haha2: :haha2:
We'll give it till mid feb then start having a look for a date that suits i reckon.

Everyone is welcome along,no experience neccessary,you don't even have to bring a fishing rod :lol: :lol:

shaynebennett

Post by shaynebennett » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Definitely interested....depending on date obviously. First half of March is out for me but should be all good after that. Will just keep fingers crossed it falls on a date that's in my window!!!
If only I could fish more

eslop

Post by eslop » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:54 pm

I'd be interested to meet freshos too. The swag has had a good work out this year on the Murray. Always keen for a cod trip!!
Cheers, Scott.

pb's
Murray Cod: 92 on spinnerbait, 81 on surface lure, 74 on bait
Golden Perch: 49 on TN60
Redfin: 41 on TN60
Brown Trout: 68 on SP
Rainbow: maybe 10
Mudmarlin: 78

Murlz
Has liked: 60 times

Post by Murlz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 am

Sounds like a plan. Would depends on work of course.
Murlz
Murlz
“I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret.”

Return to “Australian Natives”