Tuna of the Dina

lauxyboy

Tuna of the Dina

Post by lauxyboy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Gday lads,

Been a while since I chucked up a post of my own, seems the joints gone to sh&it a little bit with people just hanging sh$t on each other all the time but here goes

Last night me and me mate grabbed the little blue boat and headed offshore, wind was meant to be down, swell was meant to be down, boy were we wrong,

Coming out of the river at Barwon heads, we were greeted to no bomby but white caps and a 2m swell rolling westerly against the south easterly wind chop, we thought it was calm enough to take mates 11 year old son,

He was turning green 20 mins in, as we headed out a well known charter flew past us in the 5 knot zone in the river channel between the markers and headed straight for the RIP, F$8king Wanker of a bloke! Scared the **** out of us in his 6m boat with 200 on the back, had heard they were in the green water there but being so rough in the little boat we decided to head out straight to 30m, got just out past the Canberra and saw some birds working the water and one lonely boat in the swells,

Dropped in the 2 20ft lures one my $100 Kmart over heads and trawled our way out to the birds, noticed said boat wasn’t moving and as we trawled past the boys were on a double hook up, gave them out congrats they said stop on them and knifey the pack, but we didn’t want to get to close out of courtesy so trawled a bit away, 3 circles of the 1000 (approx) school and I got the ***** and went straight thru and finally over she bent, for our first trawled hook up tuna, what a rush as the lines screamed off and the clicker going crazy, boys in the other boy whooping and hollering congratulations,

Junior turning a solid shade of green but he’s a trooper kept going for us, boys knifeys onto their 3rd tuna in 40 mins, boated the one fast said have fun and off they went,

After a 25 minute fight up the tuna came and a nice gaff to the back by myself and she was in the boat with a knife in the jugular, I underestimated the amount of blood, poor young fellas lunch wasn’t far from coming up,

Got him in the ice and reset, sun was heading down and we couldn’t see **** and had lost the pack, trawled for 20 mins more then headed in,

Went almost a metre to the knocker and 20kegs on the knocker,

What’s a F$@king rush,

Growing up in Collendina we fished the river a lot and here we are getting a Tuna off our home beach, that’s Kingies, 15+ Kg gumbos and now Tuna,

Safe to say we are stocked

lauxyboy

Re: Tuna of the Dina

Post by lauxyboy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:22 pm

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Well done putting a couple on the deck! Would have been an experience for the young fella.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:51 am

Good stuff!
Nice pic.
Cheers :tu:

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Fantastic report...got me fired up to give it a crack this weekend!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:06 pm

well done guys, good effort on the tuna.

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”