Offshore 28/2/21

lauxyboy

Offshore 28/2/21

Post by lauxyboy » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:39 pm

Afternoon people,

Went off grove today for one last run in the new boat before port fairy for the long weekend,

Got to the boat ramp at 5:30, was a few boats in already and 4 boats in the line waiting for sun up coz it was foggy,

Onto the river and people ******* around, got to the bar and the swells up no dramas sept for the small boats both sides of the red stick, out no dramas, would of been a bit hairy for the boat behind us that was just bumming around on the go slow with the last couple of waves,

Went straight down to the RIP, never seen more big nice boats on the water, but Jesus most of them no etiquette,

Birds started busting up one boat thru and hooked straight up, we went thru and saw an almighty splash, a dirty big seal ripping apart tuna, we made a few passes as the birds swarmed so did the boats, bloke in a white Eden craft saw the commotion, as we are motoring thru the bust up again he cuts us and another coupla blokes in a lovely white Haines with twin 225s or something straight off,

Some choice words were had, he’s lucky he’s still got his lures and teasers coz they were going to be my props,

Poor other blokes had to take evasive action, pull all their gear in, bloke was just a p****, and yelling at us, and them, had a quick chat to them, they’d been on 3 tuna balls and no dice,

Trawled back down to Charlemont and then out to the 50m mark where the contour lines bunch up off the bluff,

Bottom bashed for heaps of bites and two dirty big runs and twang, something toothy I reckon, tried a trace but no luck,

Came back thru the bar in the middle of a set to test the big girl out, piece of ****,

Had a blast always caught sweet FAll but gave the boat a good go

Mate text me at 11:40 that cross country were into the tuna and kings bang out front of the RIP, that’s fishing aye

at the pub for a countery at 12:15 with the boat washed,

Cheers Lauxy

lauxyboy

Re: Offshore 28/2/21

Post by lauxyboy » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Mods I butchered it again,

Can you delete one please

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”