stop the netting

davek
Has liked: 268 times

stop the netting

Post by davek » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 am

I've been asked to share this with you

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-o ... 0909343052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Ozzy

Re: stop the netting

Post by Ozzy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:32 am

They certainly need to stop , annoys the hell out of me watching the local netters out there all the time and so close to shore , where a good cast would smack them right in the ear. Amazes me every long weekend or holiday season they are out as much as possible , time the government realized that holiday makers are worth much more to the area then these pillagers.

Ozzy

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 am

There are restrictions on the commercial licences for Corner Inlet (I assume the exact same restrictions apply for PPB) as to when they can fish regarding holiday periods and long weekends.

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:51 am

Previous discussion about PPB netting below.

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=3779&hilit=share" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:52 am

And also here : viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8759" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Ozzy

Post by Ozzy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:02 pm

All I know is I am out and about everyday along the Bellarine , my olds live 50 metres from the boat ramp at St Leonards and the local boys are always there netting long weekends and holidays. I used to work at the Sands Caravan Park years ago and used to see the local boys netting along the shoreline. One day there I was actually talking to the lad in his little tinny at the head of the net they were that close , that was over the christmas period. Time for them to go

Ozzy

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:17 pm

If the PPB licence restrictions are different and allow the pros to fish during holiday periods ect then good on them for working hard and providing for there families.

Certainly no reason to close the industry down and put the pros out of work ie ban them.

But it could be reasonable to change the restrictions.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:44 pm

Was talking to bloke at altona...can anyone confirm that netters in ppb only allowed to net from altona to bellarine peninsula to st leonards so side of bay?they don't net blackrock frankston side of bay?
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

anth2013

Post by anth2013 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:53 pm

frozenpod wrote:If the PPB licence restrictions are different and allow the pros to fish during holiday periods ect then good on them for working hard and providing for there families.

Certainly no reason to close the industry down and put the pros out of work ie ban them.

But it could be reasonable to change the restrictions.
I totally disagree frozenpod so u supporting pros to continue whatever they can do,its their problem,i do know they need to survive what about ordinary fisherman like us we dont buy boats(expensive hobbie to start from tackles,bait,reg for boat,trailer,license.ramp fee so on) and just cruising on ppb try to find fish and been taken away by pros its totally wrong if pros is to continue I suggest do diff tech example if possible can use long liners like snapper try for whiting rather than using nets,its destroy everything on beds,wreck grasses,kills fish so on...im sick of tired always hear wwp always hear execellent report of whiting in big numbers...u know why its ban netting there and bcomes in heaven for whiting they love it,i been there few times but not as much I would like too bcoz its damn too far where i live.Look what happens of ban scallop trawers massive improvement snapper are in huge numbers bcoz of the beds back to natural life full of food provide for fish. If I find out coming up on wed meeting only using restricted on nets I be very disappointing,nets has to go thats it :wall:

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Anth, I am having a hard time reading your post but scallop trawlers and netting have nothing in common.

I do support pros working hard earning an living whilst fishing sustain-ably.

See the previous thread with multiple posts along the lines of the argument is the pros should be put out of work the industry shut down completely because the poor rec fisho cannot catch a fish.

Rec fisho always want to blame anything or anyone but themselves if it isn't commercial fishing it will be charter boats should we ban those too?

PS the comment below is completely incorrect, please read the other thread I provided a link.

"destroy everything on beds,wreck grasses,kills fish so on"

Return to “Geelong, The Great Ocean Road and the Bellarine Peninsula Fishing Reports”