Salmon From Jetty Behind Grammar School

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
sarsi

Salmon From Jetty Behind Grammar School

Post by sarsi » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi.

Am wondering if anyone has ever caught salmon from the jetty behind the grammar school? I've been there a few times (about 5 I think) and I only ever caught a flatty once, the rest are either doughnuts or banjo.

Aidan J

Re: Salmon From Jetty Behind Grammar School

Post by Aidan J » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:59 pm

fairly shallow jetty to fish from but the channel can be reached with a good cast the thing is most salmon in the grammer are on the small side... yes have seen larger fish caught in there to 2kg but that was a few years back now, boat fishing is best but on really low tides you can wade out to almost the channel and flick plastics for salmon flatties etc or buy an inflatable boat and row to the sand spit and fish off that, thats what i used to do good luck!

sarsi

Re: Salmon From Jetty Behind Grammar School

Post by sarsi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 am

Aidan J wrote:fairly shallow jetty to fish from but the channel can be reached with a good cast the thing is most salmon in the grammer are on the small side... yes have seen larger fish caught in there to 2kg but that was a few years back now, boat fishing is best but on really low tides you can wade out to almost the channel and flick plastics for salmon flatties etc or buy an inflatable boat and row to the sand spit and fish off that, thats what i used to do good luck!
Thanks Aidan. Will stick with bait fishing then when I get a chance to go that way again :)
Attachments
20140606_093544.jpg
This flathead is the only fish I ever caught on that jetty in 5 trips.

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”