Cunningham Pier

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
sarsi

Cunningham Pier

Post by sarsi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:12 am

20140913_070559.jpg
I travelled 50kms early Saturday morning to fish at Cunningham Pier for the first time ever - caught a 5-6kg banjo within 15 minutes and nothing after that. Water was dead calm. Left at around 9:30 with a big doughnut... could people in Geelong comment on the "NO FISHING" signs stenciled on concrete stoppers at the pier's car park??? It confused me as I see other people fishing, too.

ingeer

Re: Cunningham Pier

Post by ingeer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:34 am

What bait you were using? Talking to local regular fishos would help you out the best efficient bait in this area.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:07 pm

At times of the year the place gets ambushed by snotty nose trevala in huge schools

a fixed length of line with bait sent directly straight down off the edge of the pier is the go..
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Are those no fishing signs near the Restaurant? I know the parking restrictions near the Restaurant are different to those half way along the Pier. We spoke to one of the parking officers a few weeks ago and were told they check the Pier quite often.

I've never fished the top end of the pier, but have seen lots of people fishing their.

I'd like to know who would police the no fishing areas.

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”