Tips for Barwon river reddies?

Cunningham Pier, Limeburners Lagoon
scanny
Has liked: 14 times

Tips for Barwon river reddies?

Post by scanny » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:41 pm

G’day all,

I’ve moved to Geelong about a year ago and had a had bit of success with land based fishing around Corio bay. Keen to have a go at chasing redfin perch As it’ll be slightly easier to mange with the kids, closer to home etc.

Anyone got some locations that they wouldn’t mind sharing? So far I’ve trawled SP grubs in spots from queens park bridge back to the freeway and haven’t had a hit.

Cheers,

Scanny

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Tips for Barwon river reddies?

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:45 pm

I've moved to Geelong recently myself and had some successful sessions on the Barwon trolling HBs of about 70mm that dive 2-3m where you mentioned. Pretty cruisy fishing

chrisothegoat

Post by chrisothegoat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Could try wurdiboluc resevoir if youre after reddies....some decent size fish in there... bit of a task to get to though might not be ideal for kids

scanny

Post by scanny » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:24 pm

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:45 pm
I've moved to Geelong recently myself and had some successful sessions on the Barwon trolling HBs of about 70mm that dive 2-3m where you mentioned. Pretty cruisy fishing
I've got a few hard lures in the kit - will have to break them out next time I'm down there! :tu:

scanny

Post by scanny » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:30 pm

chrisothegoat wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:01 pm
Could try wurdiboluc resevoir if youre after reddies....some decent size fish in there... bit of a task to get to though might not be ideal for kids
Thanks mate - I'll give wurdiboluc a shot. Actually drove out that way with my young fella a couple of weeks back for a reccy and Wurdiboluc was on our scouting list. Got to Modewarre first, saw there wasn't any water, assumed the Wurdiboluc would be the same and turned back. Sounds like we should've kept looking!

Return to “Geelong - Corio Bay”