Sat 28th a litany of errors.

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Sat 28th a litany of errors.

Post by Nude up » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:08 pm

I have not had the boat in the water since I went to bermagui in March with one thing of another.today was the day I didn't need to rush the reports have been slow and today was more about giving the boat a run and trying out my new winch.
I made my first mistake before I left my court I had left the drive gates open, got to point richards rd boat ramp around 830 Carpark half full. I like to back my boat as close to the jetty as possible so I can just step in, as I back the boat in I notice water being pumped out the side I had left the bung out mistake number 2. Finally on the water head down to Clifton springs to find some squid after a couple of drifts I realised I had left my thermos on my trailer mistake number 3.
I decide to head back there was not to much happening, back at the ramp I pick up my thermos and head up to grassy point where things looked up I got my 10 in about an hour with red with a gold foil the stand out.
It was then that I realised I had left my bait at home mistake number 4. It was then that I got a phone call from my wife telling me about the gates and her 4 dogs were running round the court, lucky it's quite.I then decided my luck wasn't going my way I would go and watch the grand final.
15696652002710.jpg
I put my mistakes down to being eager to get on the water and not taking the boat out in 7 months

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Re: Sat 28th a litany of errors.

Post by KeenAds » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:15 pm

Not a great start to the day but at least you got a feed.

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:02 am

good bag decent squid there.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:27 am

Hahaha man what a fun session. We have all been there before. Atkeast you werent in the drink calling for help and no damage anywhere, so just another story for the barbeque gathering..
Cheers

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:43 am

At least you or someone else wasn’t hurt mate.
Nice bag of squid :)
Cheers :tu:

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:06 am

Sounds like you were a bit out of sorts. That's not like you Ol mate! What do you mean no bait, I see some great bait sitting on the board right there ;) At least you took home a feed and didn't break anything. Lol. Does this mean you didn't get a chance to test out your new winch either? I'm sure the next outing will run like clockwork mate. You'll have to take tuna tube and I out one day this season and show us one of those famous "can't get a bait to the bottom, there's no feeling left in my arm, hope you brought a second esky, sure-fire secret snapper spots". Haha. Be good to catch up for a Diet Coke.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:05 pm

Just think your out of practice mate
At least you got a feed of squid.

Did you try using that for bait?

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:06 am
Sounds like you were a bit out of sorts. That's not like you Ol mate! What do you mean no bait, I see some great bait sitting on the board right there ;) At least you took home a feed and didn't break anything. Lol. Does this mean you didn't get a chance to test out your new winch either? I'm sure the next outing will run like clockwork mate. You'll have to take tuna tube and I out one day this season and show us one of those famous "can't get a bait to the bottom, there's no feeling left in my arm, hope you brought a second esky, sure-fire secret snapper spots". Haha. Be good to catch up for a Diet Coke.

I think you will find he made another mistake

He should off gone straight to the sure fire,never missed a snapper ever trip sincec 1983 extra secret spot .

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 pm

barra mick wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:11 pm
Redhunter wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:06 am

I think you will find he made another mistake

He should off gone straight to the sure fire,never missed a snapper ever trip sincec 1983 extra secret spot .
You know it! Sounds like he was certainly out of sorts that day...haha.

Ol mate Barra Mick! He's back! Thought a bloody croc might have finally caught up to ya. Good to hear from ya mate. Hope all is going well and you've been catching a few bud.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”