Queens cliff pier

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Queens cliff pier

Post by e.welch » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:40 pm

I’m going on school camp and we are going to go to Sorrento and getting the ferry to queenscliffe where we will spend most of the day so I asked my teachers if I could take some fishing gear and they said yes so I might get to do some fishing any advice

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Queens cliff pier

Post by Andrews » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:23 pm

Awesome spot for a school camp, it's a stunning town with some ripper fishing.
Some of the best spots is the main pier, and the marina. Marina is a little further away from the main street, but not by much.

Squid is a favourite for Queenscliff with the main pier and marina producing some solid specimens all year round. You're looking at sandy bottoms with little structure or weed beds. Plenty of flathead this time of year and kgw can be wild there.

The marina (where the ferry docks) is known for it's silver trevally, they've been getting nice models in the 40CM+ range, biggest I've seen in a few weeks being 60CM. You'll calamari there and a few flathead amongst the structure. Water was dirty there yesterday, south wind keeps it clear, north or east will be dirty.

You couldn't go wrong with a couple of squid jigs and or soft plastics.

Beaut drone video showing both the Pier and Marina.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYE2LDAH8SA&ab_channel=TheHuski
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:21 pm

The pier will probably be crowded af but the cut isn't far away and you can probably find a spot for yourself
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:15 am

Andrews wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:23 pm
Awesome spot for a school camp, it's a stunning town with some ripper fishing.
Some of the best spots is the main pier, and the marina. Marina is a little further away from the main street, but not by much.

Squid is a favourite for Queenscliff with the main pier and marina producing some solid specimens all year round. You're looking at sandy bottoms with little structure or weed beds. Plenty of flathead this time of year and kgw can be wild there.

The marina (where the ferry docks) is known for it's silver trevally, they've been getting nice models in the 40CM+ range, biggest I've seen in a few weeks being 60CM. You'll calamari there and a few flathead amongst the structure. Water was dirty there yesterday, south wind keeps it clear, north or east will be dirty.

You couldn't go wrong with a couple of squid jigs and or soft plastics.

Beaut drone video showing both the Pier and Marina.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYE2LDAH8SA&ab_channel=TheHuski
Were taking the ferry over so where the ferry docks it will probably be near their I’m just trying to find out where to go

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:55 am

Certain parts of the marina you are not allowed to fish so just take note of the signs. Maybe someone who knows the area well can advise where you can fish.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:30 am

Try the harbour there mate.
I’ve often done well there!
Good luck 😃
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”