Portarlington 15th

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Portarlington 15th

Post by Nude up » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:15 pm

I went out today in a neighbours boat a 4.8 mt quintrex just squid fishing. We went to grassy point we got 3 squid 2 small and 1 ripper we worked our way back to the weed beds off portarlington for nothing. We ended up at Clifton springs for 2 more good size ones we were home by 1400 extremely slow day every boat we spoke to said the same very quite.
My neighbour uses a bag to clean the squid towed behind the boat he just removes the heads then cuts the end of the tube so water can pass through. I was amazed at the results perfectly clean tubes inside and out , wings off even the clear cartalidge as well the small squid did take a bit of a beating but still edible.
I left my phone at home so no photo's sorry

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Re: Portarlington 15th

Post by Andrews » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 am

Glad I'm not the only one finding that squid have been on that hit or miss the past few days.
Nice seeing the mixed sizes, hopefully that means the bigger ones are about to spawn!
Few flatties out there too!
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Still did alright mate.
I can’t wait to get back on the water soon!
Cheers 👍🏻

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:32 pm

Nude up wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:15 pm
I went out today in a neighbours boat a 4.8 mt quintrex just squid fishing. We went to grassy point we got 3 squid 2 small and 1 ripper we worked our way back to the weed beds off portarlington for nothing. We ended up at Clifton springs for 2 more good size ones we were home by 1400 extremely slow day every boat we spoke to said the same very quite.
My neighbour uses a bag to clean the squid towed behind the boat he just removes the heads then cuts the end of the tube so water can pass through. I was amazed at the results perfectly clean tubes inside and out , wings off even the clear cartalidge as well the small squid did take a bit of a beating but still edible.
I left my phone at home so no photo's sorry
yeah them squid cleaning bags are next level amazing... i didn't believe how good they could be until i tried it. saves so much time.

occasionally small ones can slip through though, just be aware.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”