St Leonards Calamari - Going Strong - 4/12/2021

Portarlington, St Leonards, Queenscliff
Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

St Leonards Calamari - Going Strong - 4/12/2021

Post by Andrews » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:20 am

Hey legends,

Back again with another weekly update on the calamari and all round fishing @ St Leonards Pier.
The calamari are ON FIRE this week, three sessions 16 squid (12 last week). If you want more info, I post my success three times a week ( on Instagram @FishingAndrew. Cheers
Snapper are on the bite, high tide/ N or SE winds.

Saturday 27/11/2021
WEATHER: 17C, LIGHT CLOUDS, RUN IN TIDE, CLEAN CONDITIONS
TIME: 5:30-7PM

Squid are freaking out over red jigs and come 6:30PM they fire up, they were sitting out deeper and the mate and I took turns hooking up and snagging the following squid. Four pairs, caught 4, mate caught the other 4.
5F82EB21-3D3C-4EEA-95C1-2B5A0D3827BD.jpg

Monday 28/11/2021
WEATHER: 22C, OVERCAST, RUN IN, CLEAN CONDITIONS
TIME: 5:30-7:30PM
Red jig and they came thick and fast. They were sitting on the sand I'd pull one in every 2-3mins, seeing as they were smaller they proved a little hesitant but that didn't stop them. Caught six, mate caught 4, saw only one other squid caught on the pier.
DA7E9F85-F88E-4082-8DD5-727578049023.jpg
Friday 3/12/2021
WEATHER 12C, OVERCAST, RUN OUT LOW TIDE, CLEAN CONDITIONS
TIME: 5:30-7:30
Rinse and repeat, and come 6:30PM they were on, caught another 6, young bloke next to me caught 3 - saw only 2 other squid caught along the whole pier. Not a single squid on the concrete. Secret spot does it.
FCFA015D-29A7-44AC-B03A-B60C137C4F3E.jpg
Cheers all,
Keen to get a few more this Sunday, legit hoping for overcast weather.
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: St Leonards Calamari - Going Strong - 4/12/2021

Post by Kenle » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:18 pm

Awsome catch man as always, great report. I saw you there when I arrived, I waved and called out your name but you were too busy chatting to some blokes so I was ignored lol all good, the squid slowed down after you left, I only managed 2 that night, but I did manage half a dozen whiting a nice flatty, couple 45cm pinkies and 20 makerels. Was fun, plenty fisherman's there some with nice snappers in the 2kg mark.

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:07 pm

Kenle wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:18 pm
Awsome catch man as always, great report. I saw you there when I arrived, I waved and called out your name but you were too busy chatting to some blokes so I was ignored lol all good, the squid slowed down after you left, I only managed 2 that night, but I did manage half a dozen whiting a nice flatty, couple 45cm pinkies and 20 makerels. Was fun, plenty fisherman's there some with nice snappers in the 2kg mark.
Cheers Kenle! haha! If I had of heard you calling I would have come over and said hello haha! Always welcome to come over and yarn mate! That's awesome! It's always good hearing that you were able to get some nice fish after dark!
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:09 pm

Good stuff, as always. Gotta have a red jig in the box. :tu:
I also caught most squid in past with red jig.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:50 am

Some nice calamari there squid slayer!
Nice work 😃
Cheers 👍🏻

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:51 am

Thanks Sebb, yeah it's proved the favourite the past few weeks. Definitely a great colour!

Cheers Lightningx, always great getting a few to give away. :)

Don Fisher
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Don Fisher » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:39 pm

Kenle wrote:
I was there was night. Saw one bloke get a flatty over 50cm at the half way point of pier. Me and my mate only managed a few whiting and nice pan pinkie. Seems like a very productive pier. Especially at night. Do the the bigger fish usually get caught down near the rocks?

Don Fisher
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Don Fisher » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:41 pm

Don Fisher wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:39 pm
Kenle wrote:
I was there last night. Saw one bloke get a flatty over 50cm at the half way point of pier. Me and my mate only managed a few whiting and nice pan pinkie. Seems like a very productive pier. Especially at night. Do the the bigger fish usually get caught down near the rocks?

Andrews

Post by Andrews » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:41 am

Don Fisher wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:39 pm
Kenle wrote:
I was there was night. Saw one bloke get a flatty over 50cm at the half way point of pier. Me and my mate only managed a few whiting and nice pan pinkie. Seems like a very productive pier. Especially at night. Do the the bigger fish usually get caught down near the rocks?
Yeah, the rock side of the pier has been pretty productive on the right winds, saw one 2-3kg fish caught last night. That said, there has been a few good fish caught facing towards Indented.

Squid didn't really fire up last night, caught 4, saw another 4 caught. Very slow.

Return to “Portarlington to Queenscliff”