Albert Park Sesh

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Re: Albert Park Sesh

Post by croe04 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 am

Seb85 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:58 am
Nice session. Noted on the point and carousel.
I've caught some around the southern end.

How was the water level? must be good now. Autumn and close to events such as F1 is bad, as they use the water for the events, lowering the level, thus the weed.
With 'full' level, there's enough 'body' between the weed and the surface, probably about 30cm. Hence, the shallow dive hardbody is great, to swim just above the weed. The fish often come out of the weed.
Spinnerbait works well for yellowbelly too btw.
The water looked decently higher, the weed still takes up a large majority of the water column in most places but I have a few spots with large gaps in the weed that always produce fish. Spot on about the shallow diving hardbodies, I've got a few in my arsenal and they always work super well at albert park. Slow rolling retrieve always works, I tried jigging a few plastics around the pontoons and jettys but no dice. I was thinking of grabbing a spinnerbait just to see how it did at AP.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Re: Albert Park Sesh

Post by Sebb » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:02 am

croe04 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 am
The water looked decently higher, the weed still takes up a large majority of the water column in most places but I have a few spots with large gaps in the weed that always produce fish. Spot on about the shallow diving hardbodies, I've got a few in my arsenal and they always work super well at albert park. Slow rolling retrieve always works, I tried jigging a few plastics around the pontoons and jettys but no dice. I was thinking of grabbing a spinnerbait just to see how it did at AP.
Now is a good time to fish for yellowbelly. A 1/4 spinner bait should do, caught a nice one a while ago on black and gold spinner bait around the southeast of the lake. Spinnerbait is kinda weedless too, so it helps.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Other Species”