26/11/19 Yarrambat Park Lake & Yarra River

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Charles7
Has liked: 98 times

Re: 26/11/19 Yarrambat Park Lake & Yarra River

Post by Charles7 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:55 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:31 pm
Anyone fished at Yarrambat recently? I have been 3 times and have not even gotten one bite. I was using worms and powerbait on a running sinker rig and I also casted a spinner around. Any tips would be appreciated!
I caught 3 reddies there back on May 27, bit over a month ago now. I was using worms as well, however, I was fishing unweighted. I've been there 4 times and that session in late May is the only time I've caught something. It's not unusual to strike out at Yarrambat imo. Just gotta keep trying.

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Re: 26/11/19 Yarrambat Park Lake & Yarra River

Post by GregExplores » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:23 am

Charles7 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:55 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:31 pm
Anyone fished at Yarrambat recently? I have been 3 times and have not even gotten one bite. I was using worms and powerbait on a running sinker rig and I also casted a spinner around. Any tips would be appreciated!
I caught 3 reddies there back on May 27, bit over a month ago now. I was using worms as well, however, I was fishing unweighted. I've been there 4 times and that session in late May is the only time I've caught something. It's not unusual to strike out at Yarrambat imo. Just gotta keep trying.
Awesome! I have gotten small taps from Reddies in the lake but they were too small to get the hook in their mouth haha. I'll probably go down on the weekend or sometime next week so i'll let you know how i go!

Return to “Other Species”