Melbourne creek trout

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Melbourne creek trout

Post by mazman » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Hey guys,

A quick video from a short session last week chasing trout in a new creek near home.

https://youtu.be/jk3BoHkN9dY

Cheers Alex
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Melbourne creek trout

Post by Lightningx » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:05 pm

Enjoyed the vid mate.
Cheers 👍🏻

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Thought I knew where it was but the fact it’s rainbows not browns has thrown me. Cool little video

Either way there’s some bloody cool little trout water around those hills. Perfect way to spend a couple hour sesh. Can get some decent fish out of the skinny water at times too.

Took my young fella out that way to teach him what it’s about. Explained in fishing this water how a bow and arrow cast can be required. Also explained to watch the water ahead. 20 mins later. See a rise 15m up. Covered in scrub. Had to kneel down and bow and arrow cast under it all. Landed it on the edge of the bank/water. 2 winds and on. Was bloody funny to have it confirmed so quickly after explaining it to him

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:12 pm

ducky wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:30 pm
Thought I knew where it was but the fact it’s rainbows not browns has thrown me. Cool little video

Either way there’s some bloody cool little trout water around those hills. Perfect way to spend a couple hour sesh. Can get some decent fish out of the skinny water at times too.

Took my young fella out that way to teach him what it’s about. Explained in fishing this water how a bow and arrow cast can be required. Also explained to watch the water ahead. 20 mins later. See a rise 15m up. Covered in scrub. Had to kneel down and bow and arrow cast under it all. Landed it on the edge of the bank/water. 2 winds and on. Was bloody funny to have it confirmed so quickly after explaining it to him
That's an awesome experience to share on these creeks, there's a few around that can fish rather well given the right conditions
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Other Species”