Redfin & Trout around the geelong area

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
mitch.dd44

Redfin & Trout around the geelong area

Post by mitch.dd44 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:43 pm

I was just wondering if anyone knew any good land based spots around the geelong area for Redfin and/or trout.

Also what baits would be the best for the job.

Thanks,
Mitch

alexczarn

Re: Redfin & Trout around the geelong area

Post by alexczarn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:15 am

That's exactly a question I was going to ask. I'm coming down to stay at Barwon Heads in a couple of weeks.

rixter

Re: Redfin & Trout around the geelong area

Post by rixter » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi , i'm not realy familiar with your area.....but... Not sure if you are after natural trout from a stream etc ? ( can't help you there ), but just doing a look on the dpi stockment for trout , apparently there is a 'Seagull lake' in Geelong that is stocked regularly with trout.

Something i have noticed alot in stocked lakes over the last few years / soon as new trout are introduced/released , they seem to hit sweet corn kernels or powerbait hard (as this is what they have been fed before release / same or pellet looking food). Then as time goes on, imo they go quiet on corn and powerbait. At this time they seem to take poppers/lures and spinners quite actively in their mid stage of being in the lakes or dams for a while. Then just when you think they are all gone ( and thinking the lake needs topping up again) / there is that few larger survivors that will usually take a big scrubworm on th ebottom or take a wet floating fly on the surface around dusk.
GL, cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Other Species”