lures for trout

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Rod Bender

Re: lures for trout

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:26 pm

<nick> wrote:pink tassie devils do the trick for me
Trolling or casting from the bank?
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

<nick>

Post by <nick> » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
<nick> wrote:pink tassie devils do the trick for me
Trolling or casting from the bank?
usually from the bank mate , also if i jump in with my waders and approach deeper waters ill flick em on

they worked well for me and they boys at eildon pondage a copule months back

gilly35

Post by gilly35 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:41 am

trebor2122 wrote:try 1ch nymphs by tiger strike they work but the are best used with braid and a mono leader if you are like me and cant tie braid there are some no knot swivels from aussie tackle company that fix that prob cheers rob

Just got some strike tiger nymphs and was wondering what the best technique with them is? Are they mainly a stream plastic or can you use them in lakes also? Cheers

Redgum

Post by Redgum » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:08 am

Jointed Rapalas are a very under rated lure and have one of the best actions of any lure. Retrieved slowly they're very enticing and lifelike and retrieved quickly they vibrate very well and keep a night tight action with a bit of flicker. Husky jerks are another good option being a suspending lure which you can let sit if you get a strike. Rebel make a lure called cut throat minnows, a little hard to find but they are a dead ringer for our native minnow and are a great 60mm trout lure. If fishing in shallow water I wouldn't worry about using countdowns, I think floating would be a better and cheaper option

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:37 pm

simon2g wrote:well i'll be able to start fishing again soon (currently recovering from surgery on a broken elbow which had metal wires in there and in a splint for a while..) once it comes off i can head off to the water to wet a line. Never fished for trout before so would like to know which lures to invest in and what colors work well etc, i've heard rapala cd-5's work well in rainbow/brown trout colors... read there good in 3'-6' water which would be ideal for most streams/creeks and rivers.. iunless encountered a very deep pool. anyway if you wouldnt mind let us know which lures you like to use for trout specis and how you work the lure.. cheers
http://daiwafishing.com.au/gekkabijin-y ... ream-lure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Daiwa yogiri. Best plastics are paddle tail types. All in all, most Bream lures are trout lures as well, except trout can be hit on spinners as well. I mentioned the Daiwa cause i read about it more recently in relation to trout.

mcmonier

Post by mcmonier » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:55 am

Tsunami lures are a cheap option (as mentioned above) or try the Berkley frenzy range (firestick shallow) both lures are about $4 from Kmart or big w.
Soft plastics work too, can't go past a squidgy wriggler.
Tassie devils and spinners are an option if you want to fish sinking lures and get your cast out abit further.
If you're fishing a small snaggy stream id go hardbody to avoid snags, if its a bigger system, especially with a strong current, you might prefer a heavier lure that isn't instantly washed back past you.

Jake420

Post by Jake420 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:06 pm

Try power bait t tails in black n gold they swim awsum and work realy well for any type of fish. But make sure your using nitro jig heads because that gives it that perfect swimming action. Can use other jig heads but the action won't be as good
The Dirty Oar

candr78

Post by candr78 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:24 pm

cant go past celtas either

Blackflyz_01

Post by Blackflyz_01 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Very helpful post for trout season which starts friday midnight!
cheers guys! :a_goodjob:

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Can't go past a good soft plastics for the Trout Season.

Check these out

http://www.specialtyfishing.com.au/prod ... -plastics/

$6.80 for a pack of 10 for Fishing Victoria members

I know it's not a Trout in the below pic, but I just wanted to say "OUCH" !!!

:a_goodjob: :thumbsup: :r :dinner:
Attachments
Smashem-SPs-550-x-550.jpg
Smashem-SPs-550-x-550.jpg (204.39 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
Tailor on SCTG Taipan.jpg

Return to “Other Species”