Redfin locations? (Melbourne & Surrounds)

Trout, Redfin, Salmonoids, Carp etc
Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Re: Redfin locations? (Melbourne & Surrounds)

Post by Seniorfisho » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:34 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:24 pm
Still any reddies left in taylors lakes? Cant seem to find any good redfin spots in melbourne....
You would be better fishing the estate ponds in Cairnlea, they used to have heaps of Redfin in them, as long as there is decent amount of water in them you will get Redfin. Kororoit ck behind the Deer Park hotel has some nice Redfin in there

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Post by GregExplores » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:11 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:34 pm
GregExplores wrote:
Still any reddies left in taylors lakes? Cant seem to find any good redfin spots in melbourne....
You would be better fishing the estate ponds in Cairnlea, they used to have heaps of Redfin in them, as long as there is decent amount of water in them you will get Redfin. Kororoit ck behind the Deer Park hotel has some nice Redfin in there
Thanks mate! I found a spot pretty close to the city as well that looks like it could possibly have a couple of reddies. I'll probably try Kororoit creek sometime during the week!! :gj:

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:50 am

GregExplores wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:11 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
GregExplores wrote:
Thanks mate! I found a spot pretty close to the city as well that looks like it could possibly have a couple of reddies. I'll probably try Kororoit creek sometime during the week!! :gj:
You should be able to get some live minnows from the creek if you leave a bait trap in overnight, if you do you will definately catch reddies with them

GregExplores
Has liked: 67 times

Post by GregExplores » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:50 am
GregExplores wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
GregExplores wrote:
You should be able to get some live minnows from the creek if you leave a bait trap in overnight, if you do you will definately catch reddies with them
Thanks mate! if i catch anything i will let you know :-D

Seniorfisho

Post by Seniorfisho » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:39 pm

GregExplores wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:18 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:50 am
GregExplores wrote:
Seniorfisho wrote:
GregExplores wrote:
Thanks mate! if i catch anything i will let you know :-D
Please do. it's been a while since I fished the old creek, right through Deer Park and Cairnlea and towards Sunshine all holds Redfin and Carp. There are 2 Cairnlea ponds that are fed from the creek and they always hold Redfin, Google maps is your friend

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Not sure about metro area. But further away should have reddies like yarra and nong. Not a lot but there's some. Never specifically target them but sometimes caught as by catch.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Aimless
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Aimless » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:14 am

Not exactly close by, but Lake Bellfield near Halls Gap in the Grampians is absolutely swamped with them. Great access too, but easier with waders. Small to large. I imagine the other lakes and dams around there are full too.

Return to “Other Species”